Backtrack: "Only 1 PSVita PSN Account" -- Sony

Snailface

My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing
OP
Trophies
Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
XP
gallery_262855_65_470.jpg

Sony has backtracked on its previous assertion that its upcoming portable, PSVita, will support multiple PSN accounts. Rage will surely ensue. What do you think, strong citizens of GBAtempia?

Source

jamesaa

The Prince of Insufficient Light
Trophies
XP
Can't say I care much, only have the one account anyway - and i'm not one for sharing expensive technology with others.

But I can see Sony's route with the Vita already:

PS Vita will now only have only one analogue stick.

Second revision of Vita will feature resistive touchscreen (to save costs, everyone rages) and loses rear touchpad (no one notices...)

As a 'test' the third version of the Vita will lack memory card slot, game card slot and be limited to 16GB internal storage - when it fails Sony blame piracy.

Fourth version will be the same as second version, but prevents hacks by removing all 3G and wifi capabilities.

Final "cheap" version is just a plastic shell.

You heard it here first folks.

Reactions: 5 people

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
not surprising really. sony did the same thing with the ps3 (will support full bc, will not have multiple skus, rumble is last gen, other os). personally, I wouldn't buy a ps vita 'cause u never know what sony is just going to remove or take from u after u buy it.

D

Deleted User

I stopped caring. Yeah okay whatever Sony, I know I'm fucked when I want to get any preorder bonus from Tales of Innocence R.

ThatDudeWithTheFood

TRIANGLEZ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The flaming continues.

WHO TF NEEDS MORE THEN ONE PSN ACCOUNT ON A HANDHELD?
Small children who share Vitas won't care and no one else will even be sharing.
So again what is the point of complaining?

ferofax

End of the World
Trophies
Website
nonwhatso.blogspot.com
XP
Country
VITA IS DOOMED.

Had to say it. Anyways, I can see why some people will rage. It sounds nice to be able to "pool" the games of multiple accounts on one PSVita. At least, that's how I think it should be, but how many corrections did Sony make about this already? This retraction is twice now, no?

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really doubt that a lot of the people complaining will even buy a Vita. I doubt even more that if they did, they would need to access multiple PSN accounts on it.

I just don't see the issue. I've always been about personal ownership of my electronics. My brother had an Xbox for years and I just bought my own. We both had our own Gameboy Colors and GBAs as well. Only things we actually shared were a PSX and a Gamecube. I bought my own Wii (well, got it as a birthday gift), PS2, Xbox 360, PSP, and DS. Last thing I want is my precious electronic children to be at the mercy of someone else's care.

Reactions: 4 people
D

Deleted-236924

Will we be able to change which PSN account is linked to the PS Vita, though?
Like, in case someone decides to buy one second-hand or something.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think sharing is the main issue. one of the things a lot of people like about the ps3 is the ability to make a Japanese account and download demos of Japanese games. this essentially snubs that ability.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr