Backtouch2L2R2 support on Dual Shock 4 with Vita

Discussion in 'PS Vita - Hacking & Homebrew' started by parallelepipeds, Aug 13, 2018.

1. parallelepipeds
    OP

parallelepipeds Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 10, 2009
    United States
    Hi there,

Newbie to the scene. I don't know exactly how to communicate Vita methods, so please excuse my language issues...

I have enso running permanently on my Vita and I've edited the config.txt in my ux0 and ur0 tai folders to kernal load the ds4vita.skprx. That works effectively and I am able to pair my DS4 with my Vita, but the L2 and R2 buttons do not work.

After doing some searching on Google, I found a post on reddit that said 'Backtouch2L2R2' would restore functionality to the L2 and R2 buttons on the DS4, however, I haven't figured out how to get that working yet. There were no instructions on the reddit page.

I found the file 'Backtouch2L2R2.skprx' in one obscure location on the internet and tried to set it up like I set up DS4Vita (by adding a line for it in the Kernal via config.txt), but it did nothing.

Can anyone point me in the right direction? I am trying to use Moonlight to play FPS games on my computer... and the streaming works just dandy, but using native backtouch controls is just too frustrating for me. If I can't figure out how to successfully pair a controller with the Vita (allowing L2/R2 functionality), I'm going to get a grip case that introduces the triggers.

Thank you very much for any responses.

2. Temptress Cerise

Temptress Cerise Miss Magic~ <3

May 1, 2016
    United States
    @parallelepipeds - It's not a kernel plugin. You sure you didn't download .suprx file instead?
    Link to download on reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/vitahacks/...ay_of_binding_l2r2_on_henkaku_pstv_to/dxl3s0t

You want to add it under *ALL or specify the title ID of the apps/games you want it to run under.

Here's my config as an example:
    At the bottom in *ALL section is where I've placed the path to the BackTouch2L2R2.suprx plugin
    Code:
    # For users plugins, you must refresh taiHEN from HENkaku Settings for
    # changes to take place.
    # For kernel plugins, you must reboot for changes to take place.
    *KERNEL
    # henkaku.skprx is hard-coded to load and is not listed here
    ur0:tai/storagemgr.skprx
    ur0:tai/nonpdrm.skprx
    ur0:tai/repatch.skprx
    ur0:tai/ds4vita.skprx
    ux0:app/PSPEMUCFW/sce_module/adrenaline_kernel.skprx
    ur0:tai/kuio.skprx
    ur0:vitacheat/vitacheat.skprx
    *main
    # main is a special titleid for SceShell
    ur0:tai/nolockscreen.suprx
    ur0:tai/custom_warning.suprx
    ur0:tai/download_enabler.suprx
    ur0:tai/shellbat.suprx
    ur0:tai/pngshot.suprx
    ur0:tai/henkaku.suprx
    *NPXS10015
    # this is for modifying the version string
    *NPXS10016
    # this is for modifying the version string in settings widget
    *!PSPEMUCFW
    *ALL
    ur0:tai/vsh.suprx
    ur0:tai/BackTouch2L2R2.suprx

Tested in God of War Collection and pretty happy it works. Hope it works well for you too.

Last edited by Temptress Cerise, Aug 14, 2018
  3. parallelepipeds
    OP

parallelepipeds Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 10, 2009
    United States
    @Temptress Cerise

Thank you very much for the response and help. I will test it out later tonight and confirm back. :)