Hacking Backport PS4 games from 6.72 to 5.05 [OFFICIAL]

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
someone said it was like 98% compatibility backporting, but in reality it's more like 60-80%. some games simply don't work. I'm trying ni no kuni with 80 files to backport. couldn't get control to work with 25 or so.

Reactions: KiiWii

viggen66

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
So, is better to keep games not so updated to latest patch, but all bellow 6.72, is no problem to me, most of the time, I don't notice any difference between version 1.0 and version 1.x

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, is better to keep games not so updated to latest patch, but all bellow 6.72, is no problem to me, most of the time, I don't notice any difference between version 1.0 and version 1.x

bug fixes and dlc usually requires a certain version. one thing I've noticed is that unlike the ps3, the latest update is all you need. some games on the ps3 require you to install every update.

Ancor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
@KiiWii I cant backport control. After 2 logos crashed somebody in reddit says: Need to NOP the extra library calls. BTW the backport in internet doesnt work

Edit: Ask @RetroGamer_74 and he says it can't be backport

Last edited by Ancor,

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@KiiWii I cant backport control. After 2 logos crashed somebody in reddit says: Need to NOP the extra library calls. BTW the backport in internet doesnt work

Edit: Ask @RetroGamer_74 and he says it can't be backport

Everyone who has tried has failed with Control. It’s an elusive one. But once 6.72 is stable, I guess back porting it won’t be necessary :)

Reactions: Ancor

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Has Astro Bot been backported?

Edit: I found a backport, filename says A101, it's only 60-odd meg so I'm guessing it's a fix for the base game rather than the actual 1.01 update backported. If anyone sees/makes a backported update (latest version is 1.03 afaik) please lmk, but for now I'm happily playing the game B-) lot of fun so far.

Last edited by hippy dave,

MostlyUnharmful

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Cause what is calling "backporting" right now consists of changing a string in ELF/PRX that indicate the minimum FW required to execute them. It works without problems when a title was developed with an SDK lower or equal to, in this case, FW 5.05 or when it doesn't use new functionalities introduced on newer FWs, otherwise it fails.

A real backport instead would consist in replicating the missing functionality on lower FWs or modifing titles' executables to not use those missing callbacks, but still behaving correctly.

I don't see people wasting time dong this king of patching, but I would not be surprised if someone step forward only to prove me wrong, I've seen crazy things done on emulators/consoles...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse