Backlight toggle not possible?

Discussion in 'M3 Adapter' started by Sonicandtails, Apr 18, 2007.

1. Sonicandtails
    OP

Sonicandtails GBAtemp Fan

Apr 10, 2003
    United States
    I own a DS Phat, I like it better than the Lite and it hasn't failed me since I got it three or so years ago. The thing is, when my battery is dieing, I like to disable the backlight in order to save battery and use it as much more possible until I get access to my charger. The thing is, for some reason I cannot click the backlight icon in the M3 Simplys loader list (I also tried hitting L, guessing that it works like the Soft Reset button). It is greyed out and I cannot change it. I figure it's because it has to do with it changing a Lite's brightness or something (Because in Moonshell I can change the backlight because it says incompatible or something), but maybe I'm wrong. Is there any way to accomplish a feat before loading a ROM, or do I have to hope the ROM has a backlight on/off function?

Oh yes, I'm using the 1.04f by the way...

2. Sick Wario

Sick Wario Club Nintendo

Jul 24, 2006
    NNID: godrugal
    my hot red DS phatty only has backlight ON or OFF nothing else. only DSlite has backlight settings i believe

3. Tri-Z

Tri-Z Tri z

Nov 25, 2005
    United States
    USA
    With the dsphat the option is disabled if I remember correctly. It would be nice if it would just turn it on and off for dsphat owners.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice