Hacking backing up nand on korean wii

abubin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
I bought a used wii last month. It came with homebrew already installed and firmware 3.4U.

After doing a bit of research, I made the mistake of running the system update wanting to upgrade the firmware to latest 4.3U so that all hacks I do will be on the latest firmware. To my horror, I got 003 error and after that only I realize I got a Korean Wii and that I shouldn't have upgrade the firmware.

Fast forward 1 week later, I manage to pay someone to fix it. He unbrick my wii and now it is back to running state with firmware 4.3U.

I would like to try doing some hacks especially USB loader GX.

This time I want to proceed with caution.
1) is there a way for me to backup my NAND so that in case I brick my Wii again, I can restore back?
2) I cannot install bootmii into boot2 because mine seems to be running the newer patched boot1. What can I do?
3) in the event that I am unable to backup my NAND, can I still running hacking towards installing USB loader GX without bricking the wii?

Thanks.

HNKii

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
You can backup your NAND with bootmii on IOS, but since it's not on Boot 2, any bricks will prevent you from accessing bootmii@IOS(Unless it's a banner brick and you still have Priiloader on your Wii). There is technically a way to restore if you really screw it up by a 48-pin NAND programmer( AFAIK that's very hard to use)

abubin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
thanks for the your reply. Can I upgrade my homebrew to 1.10 as offered by it when I start the program? Can I install priiloader and is it recommended? I would like to use priiloader to disable the updating feature.

and what about usb loader gx? Can I install that without fear of bricking my firmware again?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Sup