Backing up GB roms/saves using N64 Transfer pak and Chinese 'Super 64' Flash cart

Acidmoxy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey friends! I have a Gameboy camera and an N64 transfer pak on their way to me. I really want to start taking photos using the hardware and back them up to my pc, so I can keep them/edit them/ post them. Not interested in emulating a gameboy camera, I want to use the official hardware as much as possible.

I understand that there is, or was, a way to back up roms and save files using an Everdrive 64 and transfer pak. This video shows how to do it:

I don't have an Everdrive 64, and probably won't get my hands on one for some time, but I do have the Chinese knockoff 'Super64' made by Ky technology. Would it be possible to do the same thing using the hardware I currently have? If so, how would I know which piece of software to use?

I also have a Super Gameboy 2, a GBA SP, a GB everdrive x5 and a link cable. Would it be easier to transfer the photos to my X5, then pull the SD card out and then extract the rom and save data from there? ...I may have answered my own question there, but let's pretend someone is searching these forums and only has an N64, transfer pak and Super 64 flash cart.

Would love some input and ideas from people! Many thanks in advance.

(Apologies if I should be asking this elsewhere. I'm clearly a noob!)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: @HoTuan You'll need one that hasn't had its stock firmware updated in quite some time, for starters