Backing up games to PC?

Discussion in 'Other Flashing Hardware & Software' started by Jamss4, Nov 21, 2006.

Nov 21, 2006

Backing up games to PC? by Jamss4 at 5:33 PM (742 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. Jamss4
    OP

Newcomer Jamss4 Newbie

United States
    Could anybody explain to me how I can backup one of my DS games onto my PC in the form of an ".nds" file?

I have the G6 Lite 3rd generation backup unit, but can't use it until I can figure out how to get the game file to my PC, so that I can write to the flash card.

I've seen usb readers, where the mini-sd game plugs into, but would I be able to read/write the game using the software right from this?

2. GameGeezer

Member GameGeezer GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Once you have the game on your G6 Lite you can transfer the saves from a regular game cartridge to the G6 Lite. However you can't transfer the .nds rom from your game cartridge to your pc without other dumping hardware not related to the G6 Lite. So the short answer is get the game image from another source, put it on your G6 Lite, then transfer save information from your cartridge.

3. r1cky

Newcomer r1cky Advanced Member

Australia
    @ GameGeezer

I think he's asking about how to back up games from an ORIGINAL game cartridge to the pc using G6

4. Harsky

Member Harsky Madmin

United Kingdom
    There's WRG Dumper 1.4 but they say it was only tested on M3 CF. One I'll keep if I ever get a job in a game store and I can sneakily dump it.

5. GameGeezer

Member GameGeezer GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I know he was and the short answer is no with his current equipment.

6. r1cky

Newcomer r1cky Advanced Member

Australia
    lol k sorry

7. Lukeage

Member Lukeage GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    There is an m3 dumper which works on the G6. However, it is kind of hit and miss as to whether it dumps the secure area correctly.