chower

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Hey guys

I have emunand installed on my switch (sd card not hidden) and checkpoint for my saves. But sometimes when installing new game updates/dlc it would corrupt the sd card (error on reboot), in which i would just replace the emunand in the sd card with my backup copy and all would be well again.

When i do that though, i realise all my previous game installations would disappear and i figured i should have backup the Emutendo folder as well.

Question is, to be safe, should i backup just my emutendo and checkpoint folders (before game update installations), or do i also need to backup Emunand folder as well? Or just that first time Emunand backup will suffice?

I'm just wondering if the emunand folder will have any changes after each updates or game plays. TIA!

jajamundo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well is kind of wear that every time you install a game your SD card get corrupted. If that is the case, try using fat32 SD card format, the Nintendo switch really have a terrible exfat support.

If you backup your emunand folder, then there you have all your saves. So you only need your emunand backup safe. It gonna takes really longer to backup because of the 30GB space, so if you only care about your saves, just backup your games using checkpoint and then backup the checkpoint folder

chower

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
I see... what about game updates/dlc installs? i would have to backup emutendo folder nonetheless? Or does Emunand folder play a part in it?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Just 6 but dual band 6 lol