Hacking Backing up an emunand installed SD card to another one without losing emunand data

VLopes

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
That's probably a silly question, but i have a micro 8GB SD card on my 3DS with unlinked emunand installed on my gateway downgraded console. I have a few cias installed on it, but since it's only 8GB it doesn't have room for anythung else. I'm thinking of purchasing a 32GB micro SDHC Card so i can have all my games on cias, but...

Can i just copy the entire content of the 8GB micro SD with emunand and put it in another card or do i have to install emunand (and unlink it again) on that other 32GB card as well and THEN copy the already installed games and content to it?

wiiuser2

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
That's probably a silly question, but i have a micro 8GB SD card on my 3DS with unlinked emunand installed on my gateway downgraded console. I have a few cias installed on it, but since it's only 8GB it doesn't have room for anythung else. I'm thinking of purchasing a 32GB micro SDHC Card so i can have all my games on cias, but...

Can i just copy the entire content of the 8GB micro SD with emunand and put it in another card or do i have to install emunand (and unlink it again) on that other 32GB card as well and THEN copy the already installed games and content to it?

Silly questions don't exists, silly answers do....

What I would do:
Extract the Emand partition from your 8GB card and save a copy on your pc (with the Emunand tool, google is your friend)
Copy the contents of all folder of the 8GB card on your PC.

Then put your 32GB card in the 3DS, boot into the Gateway menu and create an emunand partition (linked to your sysnand but don't worry for now).

When finished put the 32GB card in your PC, inject the saved emunand from your 8GB card into the 32GB card with the emunand tool.
Copy all files from the 8GB card onto the 32GB card and your done...... should be ready again with your old unlinked emunand as before

Reactions: VLopes and cvskid

VLopes

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Wow, thanks. That sounds easy! So all my cias and their saves will stay intact after this process on my bigger card? Sweet.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: roms wont boot with wood r4menu