Backing up AC: New Leaf save with Gateway? (Save File is Corrupted)

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by qq11q1q1, Oct 13, 2015.

1. qq11q1q1
    OP

qq11q1q1 Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 13, 2015
    United States
    I'm trying to back up my Animal Crossing New Leaf save file. Gateway's save file backup doesn't work on it and I read the save file is stored on the rom, so I backed up the entire game, and then transfered it to my microSD, but when I boot it on Gateway it tells me the save file is corrupted.

How do you backup your save file from a physical New Leaf cartridge to use on a ROM?

Edit: Renaming the backup from .3ds to .3dz fixes it, thank you!

Last edited by qq11q1q1, Oct 13, 2015
  2. wsquan171

wsquan171 GBAtemp Regular

GBAtemp Patron
    wsquan171 is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Feb 14, 2015
    China
    have you tried to rename the backup rom to .3dz extension? I can't remember clearly because the GW encrypts saves in a difference way after FW6.0. You can use a CFW with savedatafilter to directly extract the save from your legit card, or use save tool with homebrew launcher.

3. qq11q1q1
    OP

qq11q1q1 Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 13, 2015
    United States
    Thanks! One other thing: can savedatafiler be used to backup the save file of a digital retail copy of AC:NL, to use on a different 3DS with Gateway?

4. wsquan171

wsquan171 GBAtemp Regular

GBAtemp Patron
    wsquan171 is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Feb 14, 2015
    China
    Yes. Different from the save you extracted w/ GW, SDF always gives you a decrypted save, which means it can be imported to any copy of the game (digital or physical) without problem.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice