OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I need help with my backups. Iknow my Wii can play backups fine, because I borrowed some from a friend once, but I tried burning my first backup yesterday ,Tales of Symphonia Dawn of The New World. It was a NTSC 1:1 copy I also burned a 1:1 Wii Music NTSC copy and that didn't work. Then I tried patching Tales of Symphonia to IOS249 and it still wouldn't work. So I wanna know what's wrong with my backups. I burned them using Nero6 at 8x, Verbatim DVD+R (White Inkjet Printable disc ver.1.3), and my DVD burner is LITE-ON DVDRW SOHW-16332 BSOY driver version 5.1.2535.0. I checked the disc quality with DVDInfoPro (97.69%), and I checked the content with ISOBuster. Everything seems fine so I don't know what's wrong... Oh and I alos load my backups using WiiGator's BackupLauncher 0.3 gamma.

kimikal27

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ahmet said:
I need help with my backups. Iknow my Wii can play backups fine, because I borrowed some from a friend once, but I tried burning my first backup yesterday ,Tales of Symphonia Dawn of The New World. It was a NTSC 1:1 copy I also burned a 1:1 Wii Music NTSC copy and that didn't work. Then I tried patching Tales of Symphonia to IOS249 and it still wouldn't work. So I wanna know what's wrong with my backups. I burned them using Nero6 at 8x, Verbatim DVD+R (White Inkjet Printable disc ver.1.3), and my DVD burner is LITE-ON DVDRW SOHW-16332 BSOY driver version 5.1.2535.0. I checked the disc quality with DVDInfoPro (97.69%), and I checked the content with ISOBuster. Everything seems fine so I don't know what's wrong... Oh and I alos load my backups using WiiGator's BackupLauncher 0.3 gamma.

try a dvd-r, they have better compatibility and force NTSC as well, your wii is NTSC right?
and you can burn at the speed that it says in the dvd, i have 40 games burned and always did that , never add a problem.
good luck

Ahmet

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
kimikal27 said:
Ahmet said:

try a dvd-r, they have better compatibility and force NTSC as well, your wii is NTSC right?
and you can burn at the speed that it says in the dvd, i have 40 games burned and always did that , never add a problem.
good luck
Yeah, my Wii's NTSC. I'll try burning at the speed it says on the discs tomorrow, because I gotta get off the computer now, and I won't be able to go get DVD's for a while. =/

EDIT: Also, quick question, what's the default IOS that Tales of Symphonia is set to boot from?

g00s3y

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its amazing how many times people have been told on this site to burn using DVD-R as the compatibility rate is exponentially higher. And still every few days an idiot comes along and wants to know why *insert brand name here* of DVD+R doesn't work on the wii. Go to the store and spend the fucking $20 on a 50-pack of DVD-R. If you can spend $50 on a Wii game you can spend $20 to have 50 Wii games...

kimikal27

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
g00s3y said:
Its amazing how many times people have been told on this site to burn using DVD-R as the compatibility rate is exponentially higher. And still every few days an idiot comes along and wants to know why *insert brand name here* of DVD+R doesn't work on the wii. Go to the store and spend the fucking $20 on a 50-pack of DVD-R. If you can spend $50 on a Wii game you can spend $20 to have 50 Wii games...

to much trouble to read...

Ahmet

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
g00s3y said:
Well excuse me for being curious, I jsut assumed it would work because I read an article about burning Wii games and it stated that DVD+R's worked. So that was my logic there. Also, I'm not an idiot, as I did google first and followed a guide.

kimikal27

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ahmet said:
g00s3y said:
Well excuse me for being curious, I jsut assumed it would work because I read an article about burning Wii games and it stated that DVD+R's worked. So that was my logic there. Also, I'm not an idiot, as I did google first and followed a guide.

ok , so were did you see that dvd+r worked fine?
i wanna call them idiots...

0bvious

Trophies
XP
Country
I have had problems with backups. I burnt Boom Blox, Paper Mario and Wario Shake. All PAL versions on DVD-R - and they work fine. I burnt No More Heroes and De Blob - all PAL versions on DVD-R and they won't work. I have tried backup launcher 0.1, 0.3beta, 0.3gamma and the gamma for the iso247 - no luck. It seems like I had a run of luck and now nothing I do works.

Any ideas?

Leslia

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
kimikal27 said:
ok , so were did you see that dvd+r worked fine?
i wanna call them idiots...

I have Star Wars TFU, WII Music, Animal Crossing, Mario Kart, Super Paper Mario, Boom Blox all PAL all on DVD+R. No problems (except for it all being crappy games except star wars wich was too short and mario kart.)

I did read all the posts saying you soulkd use DVD-r but I had a p[ile of DVD+r's lying around I never use anyway so I figured I'd try a game on those, and they all workde so far.

Except...

I got a No More Heroes backup, filename say [NTSC - PAL]. Doesnt work, if I try to load it it does give me the game ID then shortly shows a green screen (if I force PAL 60) and then a black screen, and doesnt load beyond that.

If I force NTSC it's stuck at the green screen. I'll try DVD-R as soon as the shops open but I honestly don't think thats the problem. Could it be a region issue? The only homebrew I've got is backuplauncher 3 gamma on wii menu 3.4e, I dont have any region free thingys

air2004

Air
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
speed and and brand name don't matter. All you need to do is , burn as fast as the disk can burn and use -r disks , its that simple. Don't forget though , some games will still need to be decrypted , like shaun white is one of them.

Tetram

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Some people say that DVD+R can damage the lense. Don't know if it's true, anyway...
I've burnt all my games on Sony DVD-R, never had any problem.

To Leslia : I burnt the NTSC-PAL version (from espalwii) on Sony DVD-R with IMGburn. It works like a charm.

Leslia

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Tetram said:
Leslia [/b]: I burnt the NTSC-PAL version (from espalwii) on Sony DVD-R with IMGburn. It works like a charm.

Ok thanks for the reply, I've got the same version from espalwii. Do you have a PAL or NTSC wii? and do use any of the force pal/ntsc options from backup launcher?

I'll reburn on DVD-R anyway

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Tetram said:
Some people say that DVD+R can damage the lense. Don't know if it's true, anyway...

No its a stupid rumour that people keep on repeating - ITS NOT TRUE.

DVD-R discs work on pretty much every wii everywhere as long as they are a semi reliable brand. Speeds vary depending on the drive used, the discs used and also the wii itself.

DVD+R when the booktype is set to DVD-ROM work on some wii's but not all - its a gamble. I have tested the same DVD+R disc on 50 wii's that i have modded it has worked on 15 of them and failed on the rest. Some wii's will read them , some wont , but dont base your not working games on the fact that dvd+rs work on some wii's

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: hmm