whoizdib

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry I'm new. I have two questions.

1. Lets say I wanted to go back to the official firmware for some reason, how can I do so?

2. My friend softmodded my wii for me, how can I update the custom firmware? Can I do it from the homebrew channel or must I use the SD card again, and hack the wii?

Thanks.

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
1. Don't try unless you really know what you're doing and what has been done to your system. It's not an easy process to do unless you first installed bootmii to boot2 and made a nand backup of your system before modifying anything on it. In that case you would just restore that nand.bin and your system would be as it was at that point (including game saves at that point).

2. There isn't really anything custom about the firmware you are on. The only thing not official would be any cIOS installed which is generally installed to IOS249 which isn't used by anything official (unless you installed CIOSCORP as well...then all of your official IOS's are screwed with). To update your cIOS (IOS249) you would just run an installer for a newer (or older if you want) revision of the cIOS installer and it will install over the existing IOS249.

Everything you do with the HBC involves an SD card anyways so I don't know what you mean about "hacking" the Wii by using the SD card again. The twilight hack or bannerbomb is only used one time to install the HBC and then anything from that point is run through the HBC.

If you are on an older actual firmware like 3.2 or 3.3 or something and want to update to 4.0 then follow a guide from this site preferably over some random one on the internet somewhere.

Crass

Rock me Dr. Zaius
Trophies
Website
www.ds-scene.net
XP
Country
United States
whoizdib said:
is this link safe? http://www.teknoconsolas.tv/wanin/Firmware-Updater_4.0.zip

if so, what does it actually update?

What do you mean by safe exactly? Free of viruses? Are you serious?

And if you actually read the readme.txt included in that zip it says: QUOTEThis application allows you to update your console's firmware installing only the

needed applications (IOS, System Menu, channels...).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I'm in my birthday suit! Lol