Back To Karkand Expansion Pack Revealed For Battlefield 3

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by Livin in a box, Feb 5, 2011.

1. Livin in a box
    OP

Member Livin in a box Livin' in a cardboard box

United Kingdom
    A poster detailing the first expansion pack for Battlefield 3 has been revealed today by an unknown source.

The poster reveals the Back To Karkand expansion pack will be available in the limited edition at no extra charge and will feature 4 “legendary maps” from Battlefield 2 which will be “boldly re-imaged with Frostbite 2 physics.”

What these maps are is still a mystery, but the other interesting detail here is a new Frostbite 2 engine. As most of you may, or should, know, Frostbite is the engine used in Bad Company 2 that contains destructible environments, most notably. A revision of this engine means that we should be getting an even better destructible environment with Battlefield 3.

Also with the package there will be new achievements and the classic Battlefield 2 weapons and vehicles.

For those that don’t pre-order the limited edition, the Back To Karkand expansion will be available to purchase around 1 month after the game’s release.

The poster only shows the PC box art but it will be coming to other platforms too. It is below for your perusal.[/p]

[​IMG]

Source

A bit sudden perhaps, but still a good incentive to buy the limited edition, especially considering that EA usually put them at the same RRP.

2. DeadLocked

Member DeadLocked Bi-Winning.

United Kingdom
    That's weird XD
    We know next to nothing about the game yet there's already an expansion pack coming and we know more about that than the game itself.
    Would be nice if limited edition cost the same as regular, if only shops didn't increase the price.

3. GundamXXX

Member GundamXXX Ergo Ego

Australia
    True to the first part but the second part? Why would you make a limited edition the same price as teh regular version? Wouldnt that like, o I dont know.. negate the whole limited part?

4. Forstride

Member Forstride The rudder moves when I turn the wheel

United States
    Lol, you used your own site as a source, Livin. XD

I'll most likely be getting this game. Enjoyed most of the previous Battlefield titles, and I'm sure my friends will be getting it as well.

5. Livin in a box
    OP

Member Livin in a box Livin' in a cardboard box

United Kingdom
    Sssh, they don't know...