emris93

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello everyone,
I have a "ipatched" switch in 4.1.0 with a 128giga sd card in exfat, I installed Atmosphere on the sd card and everything worked normal until today when I wanted to launch the cfw with caffeine. Indeed when I run caffeine, after a few seconds the notification appears and after 5 secs when I press power, hekate doesn't boot anymore, I have a black screen instead. So I decided to update to Atmosphere 0.9.4 but this time when I press the power button, the Atmosphere logo is displayed and after just a few seconds I have a black screen.
Any idea please?

Reactions: NoNAND

Pinkton

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Are you using the latest atmosphere boot? While I don't own an ipatched model, when I derp and try to use an old boot.bin, it attempts to boot then goes blank...

Sorry I can't be much more use.

emris93

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Are you using the latest atmosphere boot? While I don't own an ipatched model, when I derp and try to use an old boot.bin, it attempts to boot then goes blank...

Sorry I can't be much more use.
Hello, I think yes I use the lastest atmosphere boot because when I download the update I download the full pack contain hekate and HBL menu updated. but just to be sure how can i see the boot version ?
And don't worry answering is already enough :)

Pinkton

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
But are you using the boot.bin that gets updated with each release? Regardless of hekate/HBL.

If you try load up say, atmo 094 with atmo 093 boot.bin, it'll black screen. Think of it as trying to start a vehicle with the wrong fuel (but without any damage!)

NoNAND

Give me back my legions!
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
exFAT right?
Most likely data have been corrupted hence the boot failure.
Reformat your card with guiformat on FAT32+32KB cluster file size.
Next head over at http://SDSetup.com and get he latest kosmos bundle with caffeine and pegascape entry points. Make sure to have the .bin file in it's respective place ad the guy above suggested.
Careful when handling ipatched switches by the way.

Reactions: Deleted User

emris93

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
But are you using the boot.bin that gets updated with each release? Regardless of hekate/HBL.

If you try load up say, atmo 094 with atmo 093 boot.bin, it'll black screen. Think of it as trying to start a vehicle with the wrong fuel (but without any damage!)
Hello, if the boot.bin is integreted in the update then yes I use the last boot.bin but how can I know the version of boot.bin ? Because I searched in the files I didn't find anything related to boot.bin.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

exFAT right?
Most likely data have been corrupted hence the boot failure.
Reformat your card with guiformat on FAT32+32KB cluster file size.
Next head over at http://SDSetup.com and get he latest kosmos bundle with caffeine and pegascape entry points. Make sure to have the .bin file in it's respective place ad the guy above suggested.
Careful when handling ipatched switches by the way.

Hello, what is strange is that the problem has occurred without any manipulation.
And I really would have avoided using the FAT32 because of the games because I have a lot of trouble to install the games> 4go is because of that I went under Exfat. But if I do not have much choice I'll do a test and I'll keep you informed.
Thx for your answear :)

NoNAND

Give me back my legions!
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Hello, if the boot.bin is integreted in the update then yes I use the last boot.bin but how can I know the version of boot.bin ? Because I searched in the files I didn't find anything related to boot.bin.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Hello, what is strange is that the problem has occurred without any manipulation.
And I really would have avoided using the FAT32 because of the games because I have a lot of trouble to install the games> 4go is because of that I went under Exfat. But if I do not have much choice I'll do a test and I'll keep you informed.
Thx for your answear :)
Look, exFAT corruption's tend to happen randomly. Simply opening/closing a homebrew app will cause data corruption on an SD card, the question remains when that might happen is unknown. I've had my fair share exFAT bugs in the past.
For NSPs larger than 4GB in file size use USB installs or the NSP splitter app.

emris93

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello,
Look, exFAT corruption's tend to happen randomly. Simply opening/closing a homebrew app will cause data corruption on an SD card, the question remains when that might happen is unknown. I've had my fair share exFAT bugs in the past.
For NSPs larger than 4GB in file size use USB installs or the NSP splitter app.
Okay I will see that and I will keep you informed later :).

emris93

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Problem resolved I just downloaded the new package with new update in sdsetup and copied in sd card and it worked.
Thx for your help guys :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Look at you holding tiny things