Back at the PSP scene...

Discussion in 'PSP - Hacking & Homebrew' started by Strider, Sep 16, 2007.

Sep 16, 2007

Back at the PSP scene... by Strider at 4:06 PM (1,146 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. Strider
    OP

Member Strider Next to the mainstream

So it seems I'm back at the psp scene just as much stuff is going on, pandora battery and all.

Currently I am busy with the very good Jeanne 'd Arc, but I was wondering which games I missed!

I don't want to start a 'name your favourite game' thread here, but I'm looking for good RPG's with round-based combat, also hopefully a non-tactical game (so, not like Jeanne 'd Arc, but more like FF I to X).

Also I am open to other genre suggestions, but please quickly state why the game you name is special.

Thanks!

2. T-hug

Chief Editor T-hug Always like this.

pip
    United Kingdom
    I was gonna say Dugeons & Dragons but it's more a tactics game, in fact I think it's called D&D Tactics lol.

I think you may like Valhalla Knights, seems to be what you described and I really enjoyed it. Monster Hunter Freedom 2 is not as much of an RPG as Valhalla, but has a few RPG elements.
    Theres quite a few more like FF Tactics remake, BOF 3, Tales of the World etc. but as you said not tactics I'm not sure if you'll like them or not. Don't forget (as if you would) the upcoming FF7 Crisis Core too [​IMG]

3. Strider
    OP

I'm was excited about Crisis Core, but it's got action fights... ugh. The same reason I mostly don't like the Tales games.

Valhalla Knights caught my interest, but I was put off by bad reviews. Now I'll try it - thanks!

Actually I'm going to try D&D Tactics someday (regardless of the bad interface) but currently I need my J-RPG/FF-like fix [​IMG].

4. NiGHtS

Member NiGHtS GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    Well if you don't mind booting up some PS games on your machine then I recommend Suikoden II, Crash bandicoot 3 and Spyro 3. =)

5. MrDunk

Member MrDunk GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I agree with thug valhalla knights is a pretty sweet game i think you would like it

6. Pikachu025

Member Pikachu025 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Austria
    Get Disgaea Afternoon of Darkness once it's out in English - It's a Tactics game, but an awesome one.

7. Strider
    OP

Thanks for the suggestions.

I had a look at Valhalla Knights, it seems the fights are action and quite chaotic - I might be missing something there.

Suikoden I and II were extraordinary games, I already finished them on the PSX.

So, there don't seem to be any good RPGs with round based combat, huh? [​IMG]

Edit:

I just started Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth, that seems to be much more what I was looking for.