Back 4 Blood will require a persistent internet connection and won't support local co-op

capsule_616x353.jpg

Turtle Rock Studios' Back 4 Blood has been not-so-subtly positioning itself as a spiritual successor to their beloved Left 4 Dead titles, to much celebrated fanfare. However, the official Turtle Rock Twitter account has recently confirmed two bits of news that directly contradict with how the Left 4 Dead series worked. The first is that a persistent internet connection will be required to play, even if you just want to play alone. While online cooperative and PvP modes are essential to this type of experience, Left 4 Dead allowed players to play on their own or with a friend split-screen without being connected to the internet. That second option is the other bit of news to come out of the Turtle Rock Twitter account; there will be no options for split-screen co-op in Back 4 Blood. While Turtle Rock notes that they're looking into ways to support offline play in the future, and that they'd "love to" support split-screen co-op, there are no firm details on if or when these changes will be implemented.

Back 4 Blood launches October 12, 2021.

SkittleDash

Head Nurse
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
In all honestly, I bet Left 4 Dead 2 will still remain on top. Seeing as the extensive and evergrowing modding community is one of the biggest reasons why it's a joy to play. If this doesn't have mod support, oh boy...

Esdeath

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
wtf, that sounds like the basics to me and they have to patch it at a later point? Maybe I am too out of touch or something, but they make it sound like it’s witchcraft.

beermonkey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Glad I can play on Game Pass now. Was going to pony up for the full fat £99 bundle as well. Still playing L4D2 couch co-op with my wife.

RainReach

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In all honestly, I bet Left 4 Dead 2 will still remain on top. Seeing as the extensive and evergrowing modding community is one of the biggest reasons why it's a joy to play. If this doesn't have mod support, oh boy...
Not gonna be a thing due to cross play

1B51004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well this is the opposite of m+r kingdom battle, which supports local play but not online.
Just thought it was a bit funny.
Shouldnt be too much of a problem since I people are mainly playing online nowadays. Still kinda sad to think about.
edit: I didnt realize this before hand but the fact it needs a persistent internet connection to play is a no-go for me. Couldn't they at least add in a singleplayer mode or something?

Last edited by 1B51004,

saulopp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
They did not learn a lot since Evolve back then when they announced DLCs for the game before anything else.
Is it so hard to understand you need a good game first before you can milk it?

Reactions: felix.200

eyeliner

Has an itch needing to be scratched.
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Online required for offline play.
And they are looking for ways to support it later.

Dastardly pirates are to be squashed. But little do they know that most people play online regardless and this move alienates those who like to play together.

Thanks for helping me save money, devs!

Reactions: RedBlueGreen

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over