• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Baby found dead in garbage; 18-year-old arrested

DRAGONBALLVINTAGE

The GBATemp Hacker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Report From WAFF 18 Huntsville,AL (I live in Alabama)

CLOVIS, CA (KFSN/CNN) – An 18-year-old was arrested on suspicion of involuntary manslaughter and child endangerment after police say she gave birth without seeking medical help for herself or her child.

Police were called to 18-year-old Angelena Hamilton’s home Wednesday after someone reported seeing blood on the driveway and something bloody in a trash can.

Officers found a deceased, newborn girl in the garbage. They say the child’s own mother made the body dump.

Hamilton didn’t tell anyone she was pregnant, police say, harboring the secret even from her own family. The family was heartbroken when they found out, according to detectives.

The 18-year-old told police she gave birth on Wednesday but didn’t seek medical help for herself or her child. Detectives say they don’t know why Hamilton chose to deliver the child alone.

Police believe the baby was alive and breathing at the time of birth. An autopsy has been scheduled to find out how she died.

After getting rid of the body, Hamilton carried on with class at Clovis Community College, like nothing happened, police say.

"It's devastating to realize that a newly born baby's life was lost, and that an 18-year-old made the decision she made to do this,” said Chief Matt Basgall with the Clovis Police Department.

Copyright 2018 KFSN, Clovis Police via CNN. All rights reserved.

DeoNaught

I'm here to steal memes and break dreams
Trophies
Website
Gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
They don't mention how far along in the pregnancy she was. They say the baby was breathing according to autopsy but how can someone be late in pregnancy and not be noticed that she is pregnant? Your body becomes fuckin huge.
unless they lived away from her, but who knows, I guess we'll find out more as time goes on.

this is still sad

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here is a video from news article:
http://raycomgroup.videodownload.worldnow.com/RAYCOMGROUP_20180129013147590AB.mp4

They don't mention how far along in the pregnancy she was. They say the baby was breathing according to autopsy but how can someone be late in pregnancy and not be noticed that she is pregnant? Your body becomes fuckin huge.
I've seen a report that Oprah did of something similar happening a few years back. Supposedly a girl can wear large sweatshirts and pass it off as weight gain as long as nobody is too close to them

Reactions: Xzi

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
What a stupid waste of carbon of a woman. I hope she gets what's coming to her in prison. Heartless bitch, doing that a a child. Just lynch her already.
To play devil's advocate a bit, she's 18 and certainly didn't have the knowledge base to make an informed decision on what to do once pregnant. This is also Alabama, so teen pregnancy is likely highly stigmatized and abstinence-only education is probably what's taught in schools. There are a lot of contributing factors when something like this happens, the blame isn't isolated to one person.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To play devil's advocate a bit, she's 18 and certainly didn't have the knowledge base to make an informed decision on what to do once pregnant. This is also Alabama, so teen pregnancy is likely highly stigmatized and abstinence-only education is probably what's taught in schools. There are a lot of contributing factors when something like this happens, the blame isn't isolated to one person.

Okay? I realize that it's an issue, but that doesn't justify murder. But she should have sought help, she shouldn't have killed the child, I don't care what her excuses are, there's no justifiable infanticide.

Reactions: Xzi

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
But she should have sought help, she shouldn't have killed the child, I don't care what her excuses are, there's no justifiable infanticide.
Absolutely I agree, but the conditions that led to that infant's death are going to persist even after this happened, and that will cause more of the same. Which is why "prom night dumpster baby" was already a common phrase in America.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Absolutely I agree, but the conditions that led to that infant's death are going to persist even after this happened, and that will cause more of the same. Which is why "prom night dumpster baby" was already a common phrase in America.

It's a mess, that's all I can say. Whoever impregnated her also needs to be held accountable. Ugh. I hate people some days, people who do this shit.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States

Excuses. Nothing short of excuses. Sorry, this ONE person made the SOLE choice that led to the actions being discussed. You're not playing devil's advocate, you're shrugging off the fact that she IS an adult. A retarded whore, at that, but still an ADULT. You don't just freak the fuck out and think "Oh, you're going in the trash." NO LOGICAL PERSON WOULD DO THAT. If she REALLY didn't want to have this baby? I could only imagine what her other options are.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
It's a mess, that's all I can say. Whoever impregnated her also needs to be held accountable. Ugh. I hate people some days, people who do this shit.

Only on the grounds of neglect. The father/ex-father didn't kill the child.

Reactions: DRAGONBALLVINTAGE

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Excuses. Nothing short of excuses. Sorry, this ONE person made the SOLE choice that led to the actions being discussed. You're not playing devil's advocate, you're shrugging off the fact that she IS an adult. A retarded whore, at that, but still an ADULT. You don't just freak the fuck out and think "Oh, you're going in the trash." NO LOGICAL PERSON WOULD DO THAT. If she REALLY didn't want to have this baby? I could only imagine what her other options are.
She's an "adult" by one year. She's also a teen in Alabama, so her education has been poor at best, and sex ed basically non-existent. Also good luck finding an abortion clinic in that state or finding somebody to give you the money and support for it. Like I said, many factors, and until attitudes change on both a state and education level in certain places, this is going to keep happening.

Calling her a whore is a good example of why she didn't want anyone to know she was pregnant.

Last edited by Xzi,

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
The moral here is: If you don't want to risk it, close your god damned legs. Or better yet? Swallow...

The only extenuating circumstance that would even remotely be viable? Rape. Even then? She is still the one who CHOSE this path. She needs help. Still a wreckless and selfish move.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Also nice. Never really watched Fallout on Prime, but sounds like a good show. +1