AYANEO launches crowdfunding campaign for its OLED Windows handheld, the AYANEO AIR

ayaneo air.JPG

Handheld gaming PC manufacturer AYANEO has launched a crowdfunding campaign for its latest line of device: the AYANEO AIR. The device stands out with its compact form factor, featuring drift-free Hall-based analogue sticks, as well as for being the first Windows gaming handheld with an OLED display. The device is also lightweight, with the lightest model weighing around 395g.

Indeed there are different models of the device, with different specs as well as themes. The models range from the AIR Lite, which packs an AMD Ryzen 5 5560U APU and retails for $499 on Indiegogo, to the AIR Pro that packs AMD Ryzen 7 5825U APU and starts at $899. The pricing varies based on the models and specs as you can see in the images below. You can also find accessories that are launching alongside the device such as themed controllers and carry cases.

specs 1.png
specs 2.png
specs 3.png

Regarding the device's performance, AYANEO has recently aired some videos running games on the system. It is mostly aimed at indie titles but can also handle AAA games of yesteryear decently, which could make it an adequate device for clearing your backlog on the go.

At the time of writing, the Indiegogo campaign has reached its funding goals and the AYANEO AIR is expected to ship in late August but caution is always advised with crowdfunding campaigns. However, AYANEO has a decent track record with its campaigns. And with more competitors entering the market like Anbernic, there might be also more options for you to choose from based on your needs. Do you have a preference for handheld gaming PCs?

:arrow: AYANEO AIR Crowdfunding Campaign

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Considering they're trying to market this to PC gamers, they really should be more up front about how many CUs each model has for the GPU. They probably think they'd sell less units if they do that, but I'm sure a lot of people are willing to sacrifice some power for more portability. Just not me. :D

Chris_Dai_Gyakuten_Saiban

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
As an owner of a Steam Deck the best thing about it is performance, portability, and of course the trackpads. I wish that Aya would have at least thought of adding something for trackpads and should not have used Windows but instead a Linux distro or something (ps. I have nothing against Windows). But this should be a good replacement for those who couldn't get a Deck.

Cris1997XX

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Wow, they're really fucking reaching. I'm too broke to even afford a Steam Deck, so I'll most likely keep dreaming about getting one of those handheld computers lmao

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got tired of Aya Neo's BS and ordered a Loki for my wife. I still have a 2nd Steam Deck pre order in for Q3. Which one gets here first is the device she ends up with.

HinaNaru Cutie

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia

Handheld gaming PC manufacturer AYANEO has launched a crowdfunding campaign for its latest line of device: the AYANEO AIR. The device stands out with its compact form factor, featuring drift-free Hall-based analogue sticks, as well as for being the first Windows gaming handheld with an OLED display. The device is also lightweight, with the lightest model weighing around 395g.

Indeed there are different models of the device, with different specs as well as themes. The models range from the AIR Lite, which packs an AMD Ryzen 5 5560U APU and retails for $499 on Indiegogo, to the AIR Pro that packs AMD Ryzen 7 5825U APU and starts at $899. The pricing varies based on the models and specs as you can see in the images below. You can also find accessories that are launching alongside the device such as themed controllers and carry cases.

Regarding the device's performance, AYANEO has recently aired some videos running games on the system. It is mostly aimed at indie titles but can also handle AAA games of yesteryear decently, which could make it an adequate device for clearing your backlog on the go.

At the time of writing, the Indiegogo campaign has reached its funding goals and the AYANEO AIR is expected to ship in late August but caution is always advised with crowdfunding campaigns. However, AYANEO has a decent track record with its campaigns. And with more competitors entering the market like Anbernic, there might be also more options for you to choose from based on your needs. Do you have a preference for handheld gaming PCs?

:arrow: AYANEO AIR Crowdfunding Campaign

it's sooo pretty I mean the pastel colors just beautiful to the touch ♡♡!!! But the prices are to killer...really...they need to put them down..cause not a lot of - cannot make this even more important, that not a lot of people are gonna be able to afford this realistically cause of the way things are going.. so whomever can, enjoy it..I guess? honestly better save your money cause things are gonna hit the fan but ya know..you do you?? don't really agree with that sentiment, feels plastic..but just think about it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: lol, Okies. Family graveyard is that way 👉