AYANEO announces new lines of handheld gaming PC

aya neo.JPG

In a press conference streamed today, AYANEO, the manufacturers of the first AMD-based handheld gaming PC, announced that it is expanding its line of devices. It previously teased the AYANEO AIR which will bear an OLED screen, a compact form factor and a more affordable price point targeted mostly for light and indie PC gaming.

aya air.jpg
aya air 2.jpg

In addition to the AYANEO AIR, the company also revealed two unannounced lines of devices: the AYANEO Slide and the AYANEO 2. The AYANEO Slide packs an integrated keyboard under the sliding screen akin the GPD Win 3. The AYANEO 2 will be an AMD 6800U-based device and will feature a bezel-less screen. Like the AIR and NEXT series, these two additions look like they will also integrate handgrips in the hardware design.

AYA Slide.jpg
AYANEO 2.jpg
ayaneo 2 2.jpg
aya price range.jpg

With these new additions, AYANEO now has 4 lines of handheld gaming PCs which the company categorises as Entry Level (AYANEO AIR), Flagship Level (AYANEO, AYANEO 2 and Slide Series) and Top Level (AYANEO NEXT). These categories also represent different price ranges but the specifics have not been revealed at this time. This include launch window and specs. However, the press conference aired did include actual models of the some of the announced devices, so we might hear more soon.

In addition to the hardware, AYANEO also announced that a version of its device's launcher, AYA Space Lite, will become available for other devices as well.

With more lines of handheld gaming PCs at different price ranges, it offers a promising outlook for gamers looking to get such a device of their own. And with more competitors like Valve and recently Anbernic entering the market, it seems like we won't be lacking when it comes to options.

:arrow: SOURCE

Deleted member 42501

Trophies
XP
Anyone want to guess what the Air will be priced?
Around $600 apparently. Super expensive for what it is but this company always aims at the upper end compared to Abernic. $350 is the sweet spot with just enough power to handle PS2, so phone specs in a chunkier shell with built in controls and a nice screen.
Idk framerate looks pretty bad on the ayaneo.
Definitely but I'm not interested in playing brand new games in a janky resolution with all effects turned off and still getting a lively sideshow. Running emulators is where I'm at and it should easily handle upto PS2/Wii with those specs. Everything before is just a bonus so those widescreen SNES hacks with extra processing, Duckstation etc... all on the go.

The Next chipset can handle upto PS3 smoothly but is twice the price:

I like the Hall Effect joysticks on the upper end stuff as they're responsive and made to last.

Last edited by Deleted member 42501,

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
What's the difference between this and Steam Deck?
The Aya Neo 2 looks like it will have better specs than the Steam Deck. The problem with these devices though is they are going for straight profit (nothing wrong with that) whereas Valve is selling the Deck cheap because they are more interested in building the user base for software sales (and Gabe personally wants to move gaming away from Windows).

For that reason, the price won't be competitive until the hardware gets cheaper to produce and by then there will be the next model of Steam Deck to undercut them again.

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Around $600 apparently. Super expensive for what it is but this company always aims at the upper end compared to Abernic. $350 is the sweet spot with just enough power to handle PS2, so phone specs in a chunkier shell with built in controls and a nice screen.

Definitely but I'm not interested in playing brand new games in a janky resolution with all effects turned off and still getting a lively sideshow. Running emulators is where I'm at and it should easily handle upto PS2/Wii with those specs. Everything before is just a bonus so those widescreen SNES hacks with extra processing, Duckstation etc... all on the go.

The Next chipset can handle upto PS3 smoothly but is twice the price:

I like the Hall Effect joysticks on the upper end stuff as they're responsive and made to last.

$600? Holy crap.

If I want to play PS3, I'd just plug n' play the console. They're so cheap these days.

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Watch nintendont copy this with a slider screen with keyboard for online communication (thats if they ever catch up with modern online gaming times).

Or make it a slider to show a second screen.

But with inferior hardware or subpar switch with nvidias newer chip, which is their shortage not like the ps5/xbx sx.

Nvidia already allocated nintendo with its chip allocation to cover them while they find an alternative as nvidia has ended production of that chip and only produce their new chips.

But that upgrade will be in the next console, not the current because nintendo are cheap.

Deleted member 42501

Trophies
XP
What will be very interesting with these handhelds is when they mimic the 3DS functionality but running via an emulator at higher resolution. Something like this:

Nintendo-3DS-Concept_1.jpg

Because the titles look phenomenal when upscaled:

Think they may ditch the 3D though as I can't see anyone paying to get a high resolution panel custom made and they usually repurpose off the shelf items. Either way it'll be interesting to see when they make it.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
What's the difference between this and Steam Deck?
Specs. Says right in the OP:

a more affordable price point targeted mostly for light and indie PC gaming.
I don't blame AYA for this, it's not like they're in a position to take a loss on the hardware like Valve is, but it does make their devices less appealing for people who are primarily looking to play AAA games on the go.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Ding dong