AYA-NEO handheld gaming PC to make first public appearance at the Shanghai WePlay gaming exhibition

AYA NEO.JPG
Some time ago, we reported about the AYA-NEO, an ambitious device that sports an AMD 4500U SoC to offer respectable AAA on-the-go PC gaming. We even shared exclusive footage of the AYA-NEO running Yuzu. But all these information and progress reports were shared from behind closed doors as the company was still in prototyping phase, with no one outside of the company having tested the device.

This will soon change as the device's creator, "Uncle A", has announced the AYA-NEO's first public appearance at the WePlay gaming exhibition which takes place in Shanghai from November 14th to 15th. During the event, 3 beta models of the AYA-NEO pre-loaded with games will be available for attendees to try. The announcement came from a video recently published on their official YouTube channel, which also gave a closer look at a near-final version of the hardware:

Previously, the AYA-NEO was said to be available for pre-order in October but apparently, this has been pushed back. No definite date is available but the company does mention that new updates will be available on November 7th and their newly-launched official website encourages visitors to sign up to know when the device launches.

:arrow: AYA-NEO Official Website

Silent_Gunner

Crazy Cool Cyclops
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IDK, man...it might be better than what's in the GPD WIN Max in terms of wattage considering this is Ryzen we're talking about, but these benchmarks aren't playing games at 1080p60fps...

Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

Axido

Maker of TRASLApp
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Can't wait to pay 73000 dollars for a small laptop with a controller. Handheld PC gaming is so cool.

Dude, they literally said it's going to be around the $600 mark.
Please get your facts straight before shitposting.
Trust me on this one, because I'm shitposting all the time.

Last edited by Axido,

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Well, I'm excited to see more handheld PCs out there, and this one is looking good on paper. I can't wait to see the hands-on impressions.

Their website, on the other hand.... Oh my God what a mess.
Remember when we had that competition to design our own handheld a few years ago? The submissions there were of a higher quality than this, and some of them were literally made in MS Paint.

Srsly.

And they should really hire an English-speaking web designer, or at least a proofreader, for their international site.

pwd98Ur.png

"Avant garde geek style"? Right.

fvig2001

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Part of me wants one but I kind of would miss the Gpdwin 2's keyboard. I hope it can use 2280. I hope this does have l3/r3 since it's not in the picture.

hamohamo

Trophies
XP
Country
Bruh I was obviously exaggerating and tbh when this thing is this weak while the switch lite plays everything better at 200. It does seem extremely expensive. PC Master race yes but in terms of portability even a DSi seems like a more viable idea.

eskinner3742

GBAtemp Professional Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
$600 is steep for a handheld gaming device but if you look at it like a PC it's actually pretty fair. I'm curious how well it'll stack up to the gpdwin. I really enjoy mine but the keyboard is a feature I'll definitely miss, although the vita style body I do like. So it'll be a tossup between the win2 and this. Definitely sound impressive tho.

D

Deleted User

i mean he's not wrong when it comes to exaggerating prices, niche little portable things like this tend to be vastly overpriced compared to what you actually can get for the price range

troa11

Older Than You
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Having owned and tried a few portable pc gaming options over the years all I can say is that the PC infrastructure is just not ready to operate a device without a keyboard. Can you do a lot with it? Sure. But you're going to run into more roadblocks than you would expect where you'll need to connect a real keyboard to proceed. There's just too much out there that doesn't play nice with Windows on-screen keyboard, especially when you're trying to do it on an already cramped screen.

I love the idea, but when I see something like this without any kind of keyboard, all I see is future frustration.

Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.the-sun.com/news/10907833/self-checkout-complaints-new-target-dollar-general-policies...