1. 4,231

Front-page
    randomizer5.jpg

Axiom Verge 2 is still underway, and while the original game released six years ago, developer Thomas Happ proves that it's never too late to go back and add in free DLC. After a group of fans created a randomizer mode mod for Axiom Verge, the developer and mod creators worked together in order to add it to the game as an official free update. It's currently available only on PC--for either Steam or Epic--through downloading a beta branch of the game. The randomizer mode update is planned for consoles as well, but at a later date. Axiom Verge's new mode lets you customize your randomized seed, gameplay difficulty, and progression difficulty. This lets you progress through the game without running into any issues, while also offering a brand new way to experience the game. Even more features are in the pipeline for potential updates involving Twitch integration and a save state mode for speedrunners.

:arrow: Source

tfocosta, Charli, Mythical and 15 others like this.
  2. Discussion (25 replies)

3. 1B51004

1B51004 GBAtemp Regular

United States
  4. Scott_pilgrim

Scott_pilgrim Nyan-binary

United States
    That reminds me, I need to play axiom verge

5. Lostbhoy

Lostbhoy HEY YOU GUYS!

United Kingdom
    DLC six years later?? Thats devotion!! I didn't evem know a sequel was in the making. Very interesting!

Daniiw0lf likes this.
  6. CPG

CPG dingus

Canada
    nintendo and sony: Finally! A worthy opponent!

Daniiw0lf likes this.
  7. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Legend

United States
    reminds me of shovel knight. I have axiom verge for the switch, but I don' really like it. :( it's metroid vania style, but things imo are too cryptic.

Daniiw0lf likes this.
  8. Deleted User

Deleted User Newbie

Axiom verge is actually one of may favorite metroidvania games. I think I like it even more than hollow knight. Don't get me wrong. Hollow knight is superb game it just too difficult for me. Can't wait for the sequel.

9. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Legend

United States
    my favorite metoidvania type games are guacamelee and monster boy on the switch. I've beaten monster boy, not guacamelee, but I think I'm at the end of the game, like the last area. it's gotten pretty damn hard. I have the sequel, but I haven't played it yet. I want to beat the first first.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

I own hollow knight as well for the switch, but I've only played it briefly.. right now, I've been going through dkc3. I used to know where all the bonus barrels are, but now I'm having to go through stages a few times to find them all. I'm in the middle of world 3 on sleep mode I believe. :D

10. Deleted User

Deleted User Newbie

Ho yeah. Monster boy is a blast. And the graphics in this game are so pleasant. Also don't forget ori, the shantae series and blaster master series.
    But... Believe it or not there is very popular metroidvenia game that called super metroid that I didn't liked. And I don't know why. It just not fun for me to play it. I liked the metroid games for gba, the fan made remake metroid 2 and metroid 2 remake for the 3ds. But not the snes and nes versions.

godreborn likes this.
  11. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Legend

United States
    I've been going through shantae and the seven sirens at the same time I was going through odyssey, but I think I'm stuck. I managed to get that somewhat difficult shooting gallery squid hp up thing where you have to not miss.

12. Deleted User

Deleted User Newbie

I didn't played the new shantae game yet. I still trying to finish hollow knight. I just figured out that I can use more charms even if I don't have enough notches.

13. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Legend

United States
    it's very fun, but probably too easy. I don't think I've ever died in it. you get lots of healing potions and whatnot as well.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

I bought all the shantae games for the switch, which I think there's like three or maybe four of them. I did beat risky business I believe on the 3ds. that was my first stint with the game. I think the original shantae may be on the switch as well. it looks very dated.

14. Nerdtendo

Nerdtendo Your friendly neighborhood idiot

United States
    I had to stick out it for a little bit for things to click but I get where you're coming from

godreborn likes this.
  15. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Legend

United States
    I'm stuck somewhat close to the beginning not knowing where to go. the only path I keep dying in.

16. Nerdtendo

Nerdtendo Your friendly neighborhood idiot

United States
    Yeah it's super open early on. I just kept wandering until I sorta got somewhere eventually

godreborn likes this.
  17. Issac

Issac I
    Supervisor

Sweden
    I always wanted to play this game, just never got around to getting it. Still unsure on which platform to choose - Switch is always a go-to option for the on-the-go experience.
    But then, the PS4 with the achievements... mmmm...

Or just Steam because cheevos and it's convenient...

The randomizer mode sure is one extra incentive to get the game! I know it's PC only at the moment, but by the time I've gotten the game, and completed it and feel ready for randomizing, it'll surely be out for the consoles as well :P

godreborn likes this.
  18. Jonna

Jonna Some sort of musician.

Canada
    One of my favourite indie games of all time just got better.

This is beautiful replay value until the sequel arrives!

19. IceyyColdSnipez

IceyyColdSnipez GBAtemp's Certified Meta Runner™
    Banned

Netherlands
    Wow 6 whole years

20. Kwyjor

Kwyjor GBAtemp Maniac

Canada
    Sounds like a fine game and I was happy to get it for free when Epic was giving it away. But alas, so much to play, so little time.

I was wondering how they were doing that. Turns out it shows up as a separate entry in the library named "Axion Verge Randomizer Beta". (No proper support for beta branches on the Epic Store yet, it seems.)

21. cracker

cracker Nyah!

United States
    I need to finish the game. I got to the end area, but I lacked some upgrades from glitched areas and took a break from playing... a very long break I guess.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - randomizer, receives, update