Axiom Verge Coming to Xbox One and WII U Later This Year

download.png

The highly acclaimed Metroidvania Axiom Verge will be making its way to Xbox One and Wii U later this year.

For those curious about the immaculate quality of this game, check out our official review, and keep your eyes peeled for later announcements of its release.

:arrow: SOURCE

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Its weird IMO. It feels like Super Metroid, but plays and looks like it was made for a DOS machine... I kinda wish he would have programmed with the SNES specs in mind. Color, mechanics, the works. But seriously, I am being super nit picky.
To be honest, I feel that modern 8-bit sprite-based visuals look way better than modern 16-bit sprite-based visuals. I've only played a couple hours of Axiom Verge so far, but the mechanics themselves seem to cover what the most recent 2D Metroid (Zero Mission) did, and more. Things like diagonal aiming weren't in Metroid 1, and were hardly refined in Super Metroid.

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
So where the hell is the vita port we were promised? I'd update my Vita and buy the game if it was released like the kick-starter promised! Any news on that?
Right before this announcement, the dev posted a blog on his facebook announcing that the Vita version has been submitted to Sony, so hopefully it releases soon! :D

In somewhat related news, he hinted earlier that the Vita version might not have cross-save at launch, but would later.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Apply snorgle to pinfor.