ROM Hack AXE DS Expansion/Update

jesterscourt

Not Brad.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sure some of you are familiar with the little 8kb wonder app, AXE, which looks like this for those that are unaware:

I wanted to decompile it and update it, and I could certainly use some help if anyone has an ideas!

litium

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
If you don't have the source i'd say that you cant edit anything. Other than Rom-Hacking like it was any other rom.

Sp33der

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
you should contact the creator and ask for the source
smile.gif

Bkid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I would update it but I'm not really good with DS development, and I don't even know what you would want to add. I guess maybe different background music and different stylus sounds?

jesterscourt

Not Brad.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bkid said:
Yeah I would update it but I'm not really good with DS development, and I don't even know what you would want to add. I guess maybe different background music and different stylus sounds?

You pretty much hit the nail on the head.

It's amazing what is packed into an 8kb application, imagine the chiptune-esque sounds we could make if we could modify the bg music and lead bit?
Maybe it's just me, but anytime I play AXE, I think of Genesis and Streets of Rage

zcLightning

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
me said:
I hacked on a couple silly features for this some time ago... I'll have to dig up wherever the heck my source for it is.
Found it. I'd added some nifty little things to do to the notes with the X/Y buttons. Nothing ground-breaking but still fun =)
http://rapidshare.com/files/130292336/AXE-mod.zip.html - source and binary. should compile against the current libnds.

mute

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
zcLightning said:
me said:
I hacked on a couple silly features for this some time ago... I'll have to dig up wherever the heck my source for it is.
Found it. I'd added some nifty little things to do to the notes with the X/Y buttons. Nothing ground-breaking but still fun =)
http://rapidshare.com/files/130292336/AXE-mod.zip.html - source and binary. should compile against the current libnds.

awesome, thanks man
smile.gif
just started coding some changes myself and stumbled across this while lookin for the lib version he originally used.

dvelop

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey can we bring this back to life? I need to the new modded version, also what other updates can we do for it, and perhaps it needs to be recompiled.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: