Axe Cop: The Animated Series

Discussion in 'Books, Music, TV & Movies' started by Gahars, Apr 25, 2012.

Apr 25, 2012

Axe Cop: The Animated Series by Gahars at 12:07 AM (321 Views / 0 Likes) 1 replies

1. Gahars
    OP

Member Gahars Bakayaro Banzai

United States
    Yeah, it's getting it's own show. This is news to me.

Source: AV Club

Here's the first comic if you've somehow managed to miss them:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ZquaoUMfIc

Well, this will certainly be an... interesting experiment. I just hope they keep the kid around to write the series.

2. Guild McCommunist

Member Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

United States
    Yes, this absolutely needed an animated series. It's by far the greatest piece of literature since Shakespeare.

EDIT: But it's getting done by Fox which seems really like a really missed opportunity. Fox hasn't really done well with animated shows since the Simpsons, which went severely downhill. I feel like they'll get a whole writing staff of adults who will fuck up the script compared to a 5 year old kid.

Now if Adult Swim or Comedy Central did this, I might be game. But the series was just created for fun by the kid, I don't think a show would work by forcing some poor kid to pump out stories, especially when his stories are only spanning a few minutes.

So yeah, love the concept of an Axe Cop show, but odds are it'll be a really bad adaptation and defeat a lot of the humor in the original.

God I'm going way to deep for fucking Axe Cop.