Axe Cop: The Animated Series

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, it's getting it's own show. This is news to me.

Fox has announced plans to develop Axe Cop—an adaptation of the web comic co-created by brothers Malachai and Ethan Nicolle—as the first addition to its burgeoning late-night Saturday animation lineup. For the unfamiliar, Axe Cop concerns a policeman who wields a firefighter's axe (so it's not just a clever name) as he battles crime with the help of various allies such as another cop who is also a flute but sometimes a dinosaur and occasionally an avocado, and a magical wish-granting baby with a unicorn horn. "What, did a little kid write this?" sneering skeptics ask, only to be chagrined to discover that, why yes, Malachai began writing Axe Cop in 2010 at the age of 5, and so those people should feel bad.
Source: AV Club

Here's the first comic if you've somehow managed to miss them:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ZquaoUMfIc

Well, this will certainly be an... interesting experiment. I just hope they keep the kid around to write the series.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, this absolutely needed an animated series. It's by far the greatest piece of literature since Shakespeare.

EDIT: But it's getting done by Fox which seems really like a really missed opportunity. Fox hasn't really done well with animated shows since the Simpsons, which went severely downhill. I feel like they'll get a whole writing staff of adults who will fuck up the script compared to a 5 year old kid.

Now if Adult Swim or Comedy Central did this, I might be game. But the series was just created for fun by the kid, I don't think a show would work by forcing some poor kid to pump out stories, especially when his stories are only spanning a few minutes.

So yeah, love the concept of an Axe Cop show, but odds are it'll be a really bad adaptation and defeat a lot of the humor in the original.

God I'm going way to deep for fucking Axe Cop.

You may also like...

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Does come with some of his product? Lol
    +1
  • K3N1 @ K3N1:
    It's already scented so your dogg can have a high time
    +1
  • K3N1 @ K3N1:
    Damn Lenovo still hasn't shipped my Xbox
    +1
  • M4x1mumReZ @ M4x1mumReZ:
    Lenovo ships Xboxes?! I though Microsoft does that.
  • K3N1 @ K3N1:
    You do realize other companies ship consoles right
    +1
    Correct. To other redistributors.
    Didn't know that Lenovo sells them also.
  • K3N1 @ K3N1:
    Lenovo is a redistributer
    +1
    Nice to know that
  • K3N1 @ K3N1:
    Cheapest I found $230 tax/s&h
    +1
  • K3N1 @ K3N1:
    Sihuuu Taco Holder Stand set of 2 - Holds up to 3 tacos in each Taco Tray - Sturdy, Dishwasher and Microwave Safe https://a.co/d/6FFlct5 What kind of tacos are even in those racks
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's that, ham and cheese?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I often stick some ham and cheese in a tortilla and toast it but I wouldn't dare call it a taco.
  • K3N1 @ K3N1:
    I guess ice cream in a taco is still a taco
  • K3N1 @ K3N1:
    The product placement in the fantasy football movie is werid it starts out with a psp then goes to the series x
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a fantasy football movie?
  • K3N1 @ K3N1:
    I bet you can't believe it's about Madden
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I can't believe it's not butter.
  • K3N1 @ K3N1:
    Lebron James did help produce it so it can't be that shit right
  • cearp @ cearp:
    kennie'snewname is now the old name???
    +1
    Woah! Kenny has changed their name?
    @cearp, Hey there!
    M4x1mumReZ @ M4x1mumReZ: @cearp, Hey there!