awwwww crap........(I think)

Discussion in 'CycloDS' started by AsianMemories, Jul 1, 2008.

1. AsianMemories
    OP

AsianMemories Member

Newcomer
    Jun 12, 2008
    United States
    so i ordered a 4gb class 4 kingston from newegg last week and got it today. if im right that the manufacter or the card you get is random (usa, taiwan, japan) then i was pretty unlucky as i got a taiwan one. basically, what i want to know is will I be able to survive with it? my cyclo is coming soon and i dont wanna waste time sending the card back for a new one. does the jpn/usa/taiwan thing only matter for portrait of ruin? so if i stay away from that one game i shouuld be fine? besides, i guess it IS a sdhc and it IS kingston so it shoudlnt be too bad........right? thoughts please

2. Minox

Minox Thanks for the fish

Former Staff
    Aug 27, 2007
    Sweden
    Kingston 4GB Class 4 (Taiwan) isn't bad at all, it's actually a very good microSDHC.

3. AsianMemories
    OP

AsianMemories Member

Newcomer
    Jun 12, 2008
    United States
    so i should just stick with it for now? it wont have any issues/freezes playing some of the popuular games like FFTA2, TWEWY, pokemon right? if castlevania is an issue its fine i just wont play it.

4. Minox

Former Staff
    Aug 27, 2007
    Sweden
    I don't think you'll have any problems at all.

5. AsianMemories
    OP

AsianMemories Member

Newcomer
    Jun 12, 2008
    United States
    alright thanks. just wondering what card(s) do you use, assuming you have a flashcart?

6. Minox

Former Staff
    Aug 27, 2007
    Sweden
    I'm using a Kingston 4GB Class 4 (Taiwan) with my Acekard 2. [​IMG]

I'm also using a 1GB and two 2GB Kingston (Japan) with my Scds1 and EZ Flash IV Lite Deluxe.

7. AsianMemories
    OP

AsianMemories Member

Newcomer
    Jun 12, 2008
    United States
    cool alright thanks again for your help [​IMG]

8. DeMoN

DeMoN GBAtemp Guru

May 12, 2004
    United States
    For SDHC, there's no noticeable difference between the Japan and Taiwan cards.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice