1. GregH

OP GregH Member
    Newcomer

Guatemala
    Hi everybody,
    i've a problem installing some nsp downloaded from softcobra and other places.
    with most of the nsp i try to install with awoo i receive this error message

"Failed to Install .... .XCI"...
    error code 0x00234c02

Can some one help?

I've the latest awoo installed (1.3.1) i updated from the awoo program the signature patches (actually up to HOS 9.1.0)
    I've installed the latest Atmosphere and upgradeted Kosmos and hekate (from the hb update app)
    I also donwloaded and unzipped this as suggested in another thread https://github.com/Joonie86/hekate/releases in the main sd card folder (merging the old and new ones)

Please help!
    IMG_20200131_133917.jpg

Last edited by GregH, Jan 31, 2020
  2. GregH
    This message by GregH has been removed from public view by Joe88, Feb 1, 2020, Reason: Do not bump your own thread.
    Jan 31, 2020
  3. kylum

kylum GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Here is something I pulled from another post as I noticed this coming up a lot lately. Your issue could be different as I’ve personally haven’t seen that error but I believe this to be a great informative post and helps people understand how the patches work a little more! Focus on the where he talks about the hekate_ipl.ini

Last edited by kylum, Feb 1, 2020
    GregH likes this.
  4. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

Norway
    That's a XCI, not a NSP. Awoo should be able to install it though. Try with Tinfoil, see if it still errors.

Lacius and GregH like this.
  5. GregH

OP GregH Member
    Newcomer

Guatemala
    yeah sorry , my fault, the problem anyway is the same both with nsp and xci, i tried a lot of nsp files, and maybe a 10% works
    I used reputable sources, so maybe it's my fault ?

I tried to install also with tinfoil 7.0.1 using the lan mode, but i receive an unable to install nsp error in Tinfoil.

6. The Real Jdbye

Norway
    There should be multiple error messages with more detailed info, is there not?

GregH likes this.
  7. GregH

OP GregH Member
    Newcomer

Guatemala
    no, unfortunately, just a generic "error failed to open NSP "
    [​IMG] IMG_20200202_094957_2.jpg

8. GregH

OP GregH Member
    Newcomer

Guatemala
    Could be connected to the fact that my sd card is formatted fat32 and not exFat?
    And if i copy the entire content of the sdcard on the computer, format the card again exfat, and copy back the content, i lose something?

9. GregH

OP GregH Member
    Newcomer

Guatemala
    I formatted the sdcard as exfat and copied all the files back, with also the nsp file. I tried to install the game, but this time i received also another message together with Error Failed to open nsp.
    The error says NCA signature failed, this file si modified and could be dangerous, activate install not signed code in the option to solve this error.

10. The Real Jdbye

Norway
    Thought that might be the case. A lot of the NSPs you find are XCI converts and will fail signature checks because they are not clean rips. Tinfoil will not install them by default, because it has no way of knowing if they could be malicious. Also, they could have corrupted data in them, like what happened in my case when I installed a XCI convert of Ni No Kuni (couldn't find a clean NSP), which it turned out had some corrupted textures, and random crashes.
    It's always best to go with clean NSPs when possible. You can check the games you download with NX Game Info to see if they pass signatures, and if they're converted from XCI. XCI converts and homebrew NSPs will always fail signatures but other NSPs should not. However, a lot of scene release DLCs will still fail signature checks, because they are custom made, created by reverse engineering the game and figuring out the "magic number" for lack of a better term, which unlocks the DLC already in the game or update data, rather than dumped from Nintendo CDN. They should still work just fine though, as long as you enable installing of unsigned code.
    It's always best to stick with clean NSPs since you know they will work as intended, and that any issues won't be corrupted. If you can't find clean NSPs, you can install XCIs directly with Tinfoil (or Awoo for that matter), which converts them on the fly, and it will pass signatures as it's checked against the original XCI.
    But sometimes (like with those custom DLC unlockers), you might not be able to find a clean NSP, and you don't have much choice. Just make sure you trust any NSP you install when that option is enabled, as you'll have no protection against malicious NSPs (which are rare, but they do exist), and disable it when you're done for safety reasons.

Also, you may have to add kip1patch=nosigchk to the CFW launch entry in bootloader\hekate_ipl.ini (on a new line) when you add the Joonie86 patches, if it's not already there. Otherwise the patches won't be loaded correctly, and NSPs that fail signature checks will show up as corrupted and won't launch.

GregH likes this.
  11. GregH

OP GregH Member
    Newcomer

Guatemala
    thanks, i tried but as you suggested the file was installed but didn't pass the signature check, i received a "corrupted files" error, and the switch tried to verify the files. I will try again adding the kip1 patch, but can you link to a guide to do it? i'm not sure where to add the line

(i attached my bootloader\hekate_ipl.ini )

by the way @The Real Jdbye many many thanks for your help

Attached Files:

Last edited by GregH, Feb 2, 2020
  12. kylum

kylum GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Add the kip1 patch under the launch options for CFW. Here is an example.

{--- Custom Firmware ---}
    [CFW (SYSNAND)]
    emummc_force_disable=1
    fss0=atmosphere/fusee-secondary.bin
    kip1patch=nosigchk
    atmosphere=1
    logopath=bootloader/bootlogo.bmp
    icon=bootloader/res/icon_payload.bmp
    {}

[CFW (EMUMMC)]
    fss0=atmosphere/fusee-secondary.bin
    kip1patch=nosigchk
    atmosphere=1
    logopath=bootloader/bootlogo.bmp
    icon=bootloader/res/icon_payload.bmp
    {}

Last edited by kylum, Feb 2, 2020
    GregH likes this.
  13. GregH

OP GregH Member
    Newcomer

Guatemala
    thank you so much Kylum!

14. kylum

kylum GBAtemp Regular

United States
    No problem. Hope you get it working!

Last edited by kylum, Feb 3, 2020
  15. Ichigo-Bankai

Ichigo-Bankai Member
    Newcomer

Netherlands
    I'm having the same problem at the moment.. I can run my other games right now like botw, spongebob and stuff.. but I wanted to install super mario maker 2 with ns usbloader and i keep getting the same error code.. I almost fucked everything up in my configuration settings because I couldn't play a game earlier.. kept getting could not launch the sofware error code.. Now I'm scared to do anything on my switch.. Anyone have any idea why mario is not installing on my switch..? I already have the ''sweet sigpatches''..

16. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Legend

United States
    Follow these troubleshooting steps:
    1. Make sure the SD card is FAT32.
    2. Remove all CFW files/folders from your SD card (that would be folders like /sept/ and /atmosphere/)
    3. Download the latest Atmosphere
    4. Download the latest fusee-primary (next to Atmosphere)
    5. Download these signature patches (for Atmosphere v0.14.1)
    6. Put Atmosphere and the signature patches onto your SD card
    7. Put the SD into your Switch
    8. Enter RCM
    9. Launch Atmosphere using fusee-primary
    If you're using an emuMMC, make sure you have that configured.

If the game still won't install, make sure you've updated to 10.1.0. if the game still won't install or play, use blawar's Tinfoil.

17. Ichigo-Bankai

Ichigo-Bankai Member
    Newcomer

Netherlands
    I get a black screen after I hit primary fusee as my payload... you know why?

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - 0x00234c02, install, unable