Homebrew RELEASE Awoo Installer - A No-Bullshit NSP/NSZ/XCI/XCZ Installer Based on Tinfoil

Chocola

GBAtemp Meowgular
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
Awoo is as dead as SX OS - I posted it in the other thread too but here's the DBI link again https://github.com/rashevskyv/dbi/releases
I know that DBI are good, but... it's closed source...

I didn't understand why people make homebrew and didn't share the sourcecode...

Only for it I didn't use DBI... didn't trust on homemade private software xD

• Sad
Reactions: 404kinnie

mikifantastik98

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Also note, that Tinwoo does not support block compressed NSZ and XCZ.
IMG_0425.jpg
what do you mean " block " ?
is a particular nsz file or what?
i have a lot of nsz files ...
all installed with Tinwoo

Last edited by mikifantastik98,

8BitWonder

Small Homebrew Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Danethos86

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it is possble to transfer files other than games
You can if you put sd card in pc this is fastest method. you can use fptd classic on switch and transfer files via fptd as well.
Fptd may be slower then just turning off switch and using SD card to a pc to tranfer files to SD card.

Kanakops

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
You can if you put sd card in pc this is fastest method. you can use fptd classic on switch and transfer files via fptd as well.
Fptd may be slower then just turning off switch and using SD card to a pc to tranfer files to SD card.

I prefer to use usb since eject, insert, eject, insert your micro sd card a lot of time can eventually cause problem and since I can't open my switch (stripped screws), I would be f*cked.

And because I don't want my emunand to connect to internet, I can't use fptd as well

jeffyTheHomebrewer

Neato Burrito!
Trophies
Website
catboybeebop.neocities.org
XP
Country
United States
Listen, I know this sounds very stupid and dumb, but why can't the network install option have something like I dunno, an FTP and/or SMB client for those of us with our own home server? If I could actually code, I'd add it myself, but I can't sadly. I just don't think it's fair that there's always been FTP server apps for homebrewed Nintendo consoles since the Wii, but never any clients for them.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I try to use Awoo Launcher it just brings me back to the homebrew menu.
There’s not too much to installing Awoo. You simply drop the Awoo-Installer directory inside the zip into the /switch/ directory on your SD card and you’re all set. This is starting to look like something bigger than difficulty with installers.

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Listen, I know this sounds very stupid and dumb, but why can't the network install option have something like I dunno, an FTP and/or SMB client for those of us with our own home server? If I could actually code, I'd add it myself, but I can't sadly. I just don't think it's fair that there's always been FTP server apps for homebrewed Nintendo consoles since the Wii, but never any clients for them.
You can do that with tinwoo already just with a simple php file using your NAS or online http server.
iine9BZ.jpg

Last edited by mrdude,
Reactions: impeeza

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Thats pretty cool.