Homebrew RELEASE Awoo Installer - A No-Bullshit NSP/NSZ/XCI/XCZ Installer Based on Tinfoil

Xiphiidae

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Spam time, I've made my own fork too: https://github.com/CrAZONE0/Awoo-Installer-noir

Main differences (keep in mind this is my first fork ever):
- black theme
- supports sx os
- no weeb shit
- different icons
- nintendo's sound effects

As I said, it is my first fork ever and I'm really no programmer. So please, give me advices/what could I do better/what to fix. And finally, a good chunk of the changed code was taken from Nikoofdeath's fork.
Why the lack of custom background support?

CrAZONE

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Why the lack of custom background support?
There actually is, just throw a background.png file in the /switch/Awoo-Installer-noir/ directory. It's just that it is currently broken (exactly the same in the original Awoo), you should ask Huntereb/Behemoth about it. I didn't support the "awoo_main.png" and "awoo_inst.png" stuff because they were weeb shit, but I maybe could try reputting the logo replacement.

Last edited by CrAZONE,

8BitWonder

Small Homebrew Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There actually is, just throw a background.png file in the /switch/Awoo-Installer-noir/ directory. It's just that it is currently broken (exactly the same in the original Awoo), you should ask Huntereb/Behemoth about it. I didn't support the "awoo_main.png" and "awoo_inst.png" stuff because they were weeb shit, but I maybe could try reputting the logo replacement.
Background replacement is working fine with Awoo v1.3.2 on my end.
Not sure why it's not working on your fork.

Last edited by 8BitWonder,

CrAZONE

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Background replacement is working fine with Awoo v1.3.2 on my end.
Not sure why it's not working on your fork.
Oof, you're right, I've just realised that my test background image wasn't actually 1280x720 (I've never tried this feature before). Now I really have no idea what @Xiphiidae was talking about, both the OG and my fork works fine (random background taken from the internet),

Awoo:
upload_2020-3-24_22-8-36.jpeg

Awoo-noir:
photo_2020-03-24_22-07-51.jpg

Last edited by CrAZONE,

Xiphiidae

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Oof, you're right, I've just realised that my test background image wasn't actually 1280x720 (I've never tried this feature before). Now I really have no idea what @Xiphiidae was talking about, both the OG and my fork works fine (random background taken from the internet),
Custom backgrounds work fine for me in vanilla Awoo, but copying my background.png to noir's folder doesn't apply the image as a custom background in noir.

CrAZONE

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Custom backgrounds work fine for me in vanilla Awoo, but copying my background.png to noir's folder doesn't apply the image as a custom background in noir.
Uhm, I have no idea since on my end it works seamlessly and there isn't anything in the code that should make it not to work.

moonblood666

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I have a problem network installing a certain NSP. It warns me that the NCA signature is invalid. Trying to install it anyway crashes the system. I could install the exact NSP with Tinfoil 0.2.1 by adbbuz easily before.

bbert

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
As of the moment. The latest Awoo version is v1.3.2.
I'm just wondering if its gonna work with Switch v10.x
Dont wanna risk to update my switch from v9.x to v10.x and then Awoo will not work.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr