Homebrew RELEASE Awoo Installer - A No-Bullshit NSP/NSZ/XCI/XCZ Installer Based on Tinfoil

Tsukiru

Over the Eden
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't use it then, and go about your day without trying to influence other people with your own personal views.
Really do not know how you pulled "trying to influence other people" from anything they said but I guess there's not much variety in the script of "cancel culture" this and "SJW" that. Even threw in a nonsensical "do you get offended on other people's behalf" about someone you don't know because there is clearly no other reason why someone would have a personal problem or find it weird to get a settings prompt even middle schoolers have grown past. God forbid being taken aback by a strange attempt at a joke. I'm sure you have an equally "reasonable" response when you start seeing red at the word racism.

None of their posts got near "trying to tell them how to think and what they should be offended about," why'd you pull that out of your ass? They just said there was an unnecessary (and very weird) prompt and how the scene just seems filled with it. They weren't demanding it be removed or telling anyone else how to feel, they very clearly were expressing their own frustration. I thought you guys were all about expressing differing opinions? What's the problem with someone vocalizing their grievences and makes you inherently think it's just to "influence other people with your personal values"? Even if that was the intention, who are you to stop someone from realizing "yeah that is pretty weird?" It's just basic human interaction to express your values and possibly influence others. Even you're expressing your personal values, it just so happens to be "I don't care" and "don't use it then". But I guess it's fine when it's your values. Sounds like you're trying to silence the free market place of ideas there, buddy.

Even the good 'ol "don't use it" just ignores "are the only few options to install NS package." Like using other apps doesn't negate there are still odd balls around and about, a thing people are free to complain about. Hopefully you learn to grow past 2016, because this lack of self awareness only amounts to bring a broken record. An extremely embarrassing one at that.
I'm sure this had to have been repeated in the 28 pages up till now, but seriously just switch to dbi or even tinfoils mtp solution. No need for nut or any of this pc back end stuff anymore lol
Adding to the repetition having just used DPI: MTP works great. I don't think it mentions requiring any drivers for that specifically but it worked just fine.

Worth mentioning Awoo does still get updates... I think? The most recent release on the GitHub was from December of 2022, though seemingly with no announcement? Hunterb himself hasn't had any commits since September of 2020, with the release from December 2020 being pushed by someone else. Just found that interesting to mention.

Last edited by Tsukiru,

duckbill007

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
The most recent release on the GitHub was from December of 2022, though seemingly with no announcement? Hunterb himself hasn't had any commits since September of 2020, with the release from December 2020 being pushed by someone else. Just found that interesting to mention.
And from what commit that release made of?

TheStonedModder

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Really do not know how you pulled "trying to influence other people" from anything they said but I guess there's not much variety in the script of "cancel culture" this and "SJW" that. Even threw in a nonsensical "do you get offended on other people's behalf" about someone you don't know because there is clearly no other reason why someone would have a personal problem or find it weird to get a settings prompt even middle schoolers have grown past. God forbid being taken aback by a strange attempt at a joke. I'm sure you have an equally "reasonable" response when you start seeing red at the word racism.

None of their posts got near "trying to tell them how to think and what they should be offended about," why'd you pull that out of your ass? They just said there was an unnecessary (and very weird) prompt and how the scene just seems filled with it. They weren't demanding it be removed or telling anyone else how to feel, they very clearly were expressing their own frustration. I thought you guys were all about expressing differing opinions? What's the problem with someone vocalizing their grievences and makes you inherently think it's just to "influence other people with your personal values"? Even if that was the intention, who are you to stop someone from realizing "yeah that is pretty weird?" It's just basic human interaction to express your values and possibly influence others. Even you're expressing your personal values, it just so happens to be "I don't care" and "don't use it then". But I guess it's fine when it's your values. Sounds like you're trying to silence the free market place of ideas there, buddy.

Even the good 'ol "don't use it" just ignores "are the only few options to install NS package." Like using other apps doesn't negate there are still odd balls around and about, a thing people are free to complain about. Hopefully you learn to grow past 2016, because this lack of self awareness only amounts to bring a broken record. An extremely embarrassing one at that.

Adding to the repetition having just used DPI: MTP works great. I don't think it mentions requiring any drivers for that specifically but it worked just fine.

Worth mentioning Awoo does still get updates... I think? The most recent release on the GitHub was from December of 2022, though seemingly with no announcement? Hunterb himself hasn't had any commits since September of 2020, with the release from December 2020 being pushed by someone else. Just found that interesting to mention.
Not active updates from my understanding it’s not compatible with newer DLC releases any longer

I had to use Tinleaf recently because of it

Crung

Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
I get an error while trying to download sig patches. Are the servers down or is it a me problem?

Crung

Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
This old app has nothing to do with sigpatches. You'll find them here.
Thank you. Usually i was installing sig patches straight within awoo so yeah.. I was not sure if sigpatches are global or if awoo required some "special" ones . It worked .

Dothackjhe

"Joker"
Trophies
Website
wroiters.wixsite.com
XP
Country
Philippines
Thank you. Usually i was installing sig patches straight within awoo so yeah.. I was not sure if sigpatches are global or if awoo required some "special" ones . It worked .
In case you are not aware, there is also the sys patch now, which acts as an alternative to sigpatches. You can install both side-by-side.

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I didn't know Awoo had an integrated sigpatches installer. Anyway, I prefer using a good title installer, and taking care of the sigpatches myself.

Reactions: Tokiwa

kidkat210

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not exactly sure where awoo pulls its patches from but the few times I tried to use it to update sig patches, things went wrong and I would have to do it manually

Reactions: Dust2dust

Tokiwa

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I'm not exactly sure where awoo pulls its patches from but the few times I tried to use it to update sig patches, things went wrong and I would have to do it manually
You can see in the source where it pulls from (i'm not a dev, i just searched in the code):

https://github.com/Huntereb/Awoo-In...c713b247535e2dc9e1/source/util/config.cpp#L58

But if you want to be safe just do it manually. Actually i don't even recommend Awoo as a title installer at this point, i think these days DBI is a better choice and gets updated way more regularly.

jeffyTheHomebrewer

Neato Burrito!
Trophies
Website
catboybeebop.neocities.org
XP
Country
United States
You can see in the source where it pulls from (i'm not a dev, i just searched in the code):

https://github.com/Huntereb/Awoo-In...c713b247535e2dc9e1/source/util/config.cpp#L58

But if you want to be safe just do it manually. Actually i don't even recommend Awoo as a title installer at this point, i think these days DBI is a better choice and gets updated way more regularly.
That and DBI can more easily install things over USB. No more stupid NS-USB-Loader or Quark bullcrap, just select the MTP responder option in DBI, plug in, then just drag n' drop.

Reactions: Tokiwa

Crung

Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Well when i tryed to install DBI and use it, it did not work. Didnt want to squish my mind and figgure out what s wrong.
Awoo worked "straight out of the box" first time so i just kept using and recommending it.

syfer1987

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I can confirm that DBI does not install updates and DLC sometimes. I installed Minecraft and then updated the file picked both games and updated hit install. I wish there was a way to install this sad it not been updated since 2022.

Dothackjhe

"Joker"
Trophies
Website
wroiters.wixsite.com
XP
Country
Philippines
I can confirm that DBI does not install updates and DLC sometimes. I installed Minecraft and then updated the file picked both games and updated hit install. I wish there was a way to install this sad it not been updated since 2022.
I've been using Tinleaf, which too has not been updated since 2021, for years. It, too, does exhibit an issue installing an update or DLC from time to time. But the app will inform you about it since an error will pop out indicating the issue. I'd rather prefer that than believe that an update or DLC is installed but is not.

mathew77

Lovin' life.
Trophies
XP
Country
Kazakhstan
I can confirm that DBI does not install updates and DLC sometimes.
Sorry, but you're perfectly wrong. Every and literally all working updates and/or DLCs are installable via DBI for now. Check your cable/installable files/system/sigpatches/soft version/etc.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry, but you're perfectly wrong. Every and literally all working updates and/or DLCs are installable via DBI for now. Check your cable/installable files/system/sigpatches/soft version/etc.
Sorry, but he's perfectly right. I was trying to install the latest update for TOTK and I couldn't get it to work with DBI no matter how many different sources I tried. However, while TinWoo Installer was also giving me some issues, one source eventually worked with it. I know the community likes to think DBI is the best thing since sliced bread but the truth is that its still a homebrew app like everything else in the scene so its bound to have bugs.

mathew77

Lovin' life.
Trophies
XP
Country
Kazakhstan
Sorry, but he's perfectly right. I was trying to install the latest update for TOTK and I couldn't get it to work with DBI no matter how many different sources I tried. However, while TinWoo Installer was also giving me some issues, one source eventually worked with it. I know the community likes to think DBI is the best thing since sliced bread but the truth is that its still a homebrew app like everything else in the scene so its bound to have bugs.
The problem isn't with the DBI, but your update file or CFW.

I repeat: there are absolutely 0 problems with any working update/dlc/game files with properly configured console. Ever.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: they need to have a strong line up on the launch titles too. I think they should move metroid...