awful wii remote charging stand

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by sanchoquo, Sep 4, 2007.

Sep 4, 2007
  1. sanchoquo
    OP

Newcomer sanchoquo Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    dont bother buying the PEGA Wii Blue Light Charge Station With 2pcs 2800mAh Battery Pack
    the batteries last about 2 and a half hours
    the build quality is awful too, Im thinking of getting myself a nyko charging stand with 2 batteries
    anyone with one reccomend it?

2. Icarus

Member Icarus fire walk with me

United States
    I have the Nyko Charging stand and I'm loving it. The only downside is that I think it makes the Wiimote a little heavier. But besides that, It's so good and it lasts really long. It's really awesome.

3. sanchoquo
    OP

Newcomer sanchoquo Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    whats the battery life like?
    does anyone have the nyko sensor bar?

4. Salamantis

Member Salamantis GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Canada
    I have the ASID Charging Stand, and the battery packs last 1-2 hours. They say it will last 20 hours.

5. legendofphil

Member legendofphil Phil no Densetsu

United Kingdom
    I bought a single USB charging wiimote battery on Play-asia and its quite good, the next order I do I shall get 3 more.
    The main problem with rechargable batteries is they drain quicker on standby.

6. qwertyasdf

Newcomer qwertyasdf Advanced Member

Canada
    Doesn't the Nyko only have like a 1200mah battery on it? That will barely get you through a few hours worth of gameplay if you use the Nunchuck...

I'd recommend you guys to try the ones at http://www.emveegaming.com that have at least 1800mah if not the 2200 or the 2800mah models for maximum play time before needing a recharge...

7. g4jek8j54

Member g4jek8j54 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I haven't gotten one yet, but I plan on trying the Duracell Rechargeable Batteries with a thirty minute charger. I have heard good reviews on the product, and obviously you wouldn't just be limited to the Wii Remote either.

8. soapstar

Newcomer soapstar Advanced Member

Netherlands
    I just use recharcheble batteries, fine for me.
    They last for about 3 weeks, with a playtime of 2 hours a day.

9. tomdarth5

Newcomer tomdarth5 Member

United Kingdom
    what about this battery pack on the same site 3800 - wonder how long that'll last?

[​IMG]

Oops sorry forgot the link
    [​IMG]
    3800 battery pack

10. WildCard

Member WildCard Advanced Member

United States
    That's by far the best way to go. I mentioned this when Wii first came out. Just goto Target, grab the Duracell 15-minute quick charger set that comes with 4 2400mAh batteries ($25 I think). Then pay $10 for another 4-pak of 2650mAh and you are set. I love these things. They last 20+ hours on one charge and even if they die while playing, just take a 15 minute brake and you are good to go again.

You can also find these at all other electronic stores as well but I've never seen anyone other than Target selling the 4-pak for $10. Most other places are $15+

11. nloding

Member nloding GBAtemp Fan

United States
    The charge stations look cool, which is the only reason to get one, but personally I'm sticking with plain old rechargeable brand name batteries -- that way I can use them in everything from my TV remotes to my 360/Wii controllers.

The charge stations look cool, but aren't worth the $$$$.

12. gamez2003

Newcomer gamez2003 Advanced Member

Australia
    BEWARE: Most rechargable battery packs are AAA with overrated mAh. I have had this experience with so many battery packs, I speak from experience.

the Nyko ones seem to be custom battery packs but I have not seen one in person to make that judgement. ie. cutom built meaning they are made to store the most amount of power and are the best to get. I was actually very interested in getting these as they look like a good quality built but for the asking price I dont think I could sell them.

AAA batteries are normally 1000mAh if that and I believe the max would be around 1500mAh.

This also goes for xbox 360 battery packs ect. Overrated mAh

And also dont buy cheap rechargeable batteries claiming to be 3600mAh ect. especially when their origin is china as they are normally over rated.

If you are in Australia the Digitor (Dick Smith Brand) has gotten some good reviews.

NiMH are the type you want. Do Rechargable Lithium batteries come in AA sizes ect? I havnt seen any but I know phones ect. use them alot they are the best type to get if they do come in rechargeable AA size cells.

Personally i get the battery packs because my brothers and sisters always raid my console controllers for AA batteries so f I use a pack they cant use it [​IMG]

13. Hooya

Member Hooya GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
  14. qwertyasdf

Newcomer qwertyasdf Advanced Member

Canada
    These ones are great. Bought two a while ago, I get at least 1 hour gameplay from them everyday and only have to recharge them every 2 weeks or so.

15. Gifted1

Member Gifted1 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Why don't ya'll just get rechargeable batteries? The 2500mAh Duracel batteries last a good 2 weeks for me everytime. They are much better than those wiimote recharge stations.

16. WK416

Member WK416 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States