Avoid updating ps4 system to v9.0 or 9.03!

Rat.2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I had issues on 7.55, very unstable and painful jailbreak, I lost all my data and had to reinitialize the system once
But I haven't had any problems on 9.00, been using it since I learned of the jailbreak, I have been backing up my saves regularly just in case but I am really not concerned about it, and if something does go wrong again like on 7.55 then I highly doubt I would need to do more than a full restore then reinstall my packages and saves

viper3344

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rock solid 9.0 here. I don’t even see any reports anywhere or 9.0 being an issue.

Google turns up nothing on fw9.0 being an issue at all. Crying wolf??

***. So I did look at some forums and dug through Reddit…. Honestly it seems that the folks having the issue just had bad hdds and the update was the straw that broke the camels backs. If 9.0 was a system killer the media would be all over it so yeah, I would say this is just an alarmist post over nothing really

Last edited by viper3344,
Reactions: KuntilanakMerah

MsDarkside55

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi all,
um this is just a post that any ps4 users should not be updating their ps4 systems to v9.0 or/and v9.03
as these fw's can cause seroius longterm issues that cannot be fized/patched easily by a fufture fw, maybe they can, but atm
sony has fucked us ps4 users all up for now.

one way to ensure that your system stays on a stable/working/safe fw is to:

1) uncheck the "system software update" option in automatic downloads section on my ps4 in settings,
so that your system does not automaticly download the newest FW update currently out there.

2) if it does, just delete the downloaded file, do not install it to your system.

3) the system updates (v9.0/v9.03) are not safe to use have on your system, as they can cuase these things to happen after fw install:

- Brick ps4 system (does not work properly, won't boot up)
- super slow/lagging issues (on all models) ps4 fat/ps4 silm/ps4 pro
- games will not load up or can be played (not cmos bug?) as v9.0 should fix the cmos bug?
- other issues.

so, since the newest fw updates for ps4 are so unsafe to use, do not update your system to them.
mine is on 8.50 and it's working fine, and i will keep it that way until sony relaes a fw that does not do the above issues to a ps4 system,

a working system is way batter, 100x times batter than a non working one (bricked).

i dunno way sony is doing this to ps4 users specificly, but they pretty much suck on fixing the fw's to fully safe/stable working ones for ps4 users.

maybe sony did this to cause ps4 users to buy ps5's instead and ditch their ps4 units?
But if im in the continuous Safe mode loop for update 9.03, how do i downgrade it to a different working patch update? Ive tried everything instead of completely wiping my ps4, which i dont want to do. The problem occurred today when i had to unplug everything including my ps4 that was in rest mode to help my dad charge his car battery. What do i do?

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But if im in the continuous Safe mode loop for update 9.03, how do i downgrade it to a different working patch update? Ive tried everything instead of completely wiping my ps4, which i dont want to do. The problem occurred today when i had to unplug everything including my ps4 that was in rest mode to help my dad charge his car battery. What do i do?
For starters you cant ever downgrade your basically stuck on 9.03 no matter what you do.

SapphireExile

Sapphire
Trophies
Website
sapphirelabs.online
XP
Country
United States
hi all,
um this is just a post that any ps4 users should not be updating their ps4 systems to v9.0 or/and v9.03
as these fw's can cause seroius longterm issues that cannot be fized/patched easily by a fufture fw, maybe they can, but atm
sony has fucked us ps4 users all up for now.

one way to ensure that your system stays on a stable/working/safe fw is to:

1) uncheck the "system software update" option in automatic downloads section on my ps4 in settings,
so that your system does not automaticly download the newest FW update currently out there.

2) if it does, just delete the downloaded file, do not install it to your system.

3) the system updates (v9.0/v9.03) are not safe to use have on your system, as they can cuase these things to happen after fw install:

- Brick ps4 system (does not work properly, won't boot up)
- super slow/lagging issues (on all models) ps4 fat/ps4 silm/ps4 pro
- games will not load up or can be played (not cmos bug?) as v9.0 should fix the cmos bug?
- other issues.

so, since the newest fw updates for ps4 are so unsafe to use, do not update your system to them.
mine is on 8.50 and it's working fine, and i will keep it that way until sony relaes a fw that does not do the above issues to a ps4 system,

a working system is way batter, 100x times batter than a non working one (bricked).

i dunno way sony is doing this to ps4 users specificly, but they pretty much suck on fixing the fw's to fully safe/stable working ones for ps4 users.

maybe sony did this to cause ps4 users to buy ps5's instead and ditch their ps4 units?
Updated from 7.55 to 9.0 with 0 issues. Exploit is more stable, webkit is more stable. Haven't even seen a single actual brick related to updating, just people being stupid and tampering with parts of the OS they shouldn't be.

2DSGamerdude

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Updated from 7.55 to 9.0 with 0 issues. Exploit is more stable, webkit is more stable. Haven't even seen a single actual brick related to updating, just people being stupid and tampering with parts of the OS they shouldn't be.
so, what i don't get is, if you update to v9.0 or v9.03, will the ps4 system work perfectly fine like bfore or will these FW's introduce seroius system breaking issues like some ppl have reported to have had?

im not updating to v9.0/03 to avoid any of these issues on my ps4, im on v7.50 atm.

i might have to update my ps4 system to v9.03 or the newest FW by then (in march 18th),
when Stranger's Paradise Final Fantasy Orgins comes out on ps4 that i will buy and play on my system, so if it has some sort of DLC pass (season) or theme or such to DL from PSN, i might have to update to the lastest FW in order to even access psn to get said content for said game (if it is avlable by then).
but by then, sony might have pushed out a newer FW past v9.03 that i'll be problem prone free?

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so, what i don't get is, if you update to v9.0 or v9.03, will the ps4 system work perfectly fine like bfore or will these FW's introduce seroius system breaking issues like some ppl have reported to have had?

im not updating to v9.0/03 to avoid any of these issues on my ps4, im on v7.50 atm.

i might have to update my ps4 system to v9.03 or the newest FW by then (in march 18th),
when Stranger's Paradise Final Fantasy Orgins comes out on ps4 that i will buy and play on my system, so if it has some sort of DLC pass (season) or theme or such to DL from PSN, i might have to update to the lastest FW in order to even access psn to get said content for said game (if it is avlable by then).
but by then, sony might have pushed out a newer FW past v9.03 that i'll be problem prone free?
Nobody is having issues that would prevent your play on the ps4. There are a very few folks who had an installation problem, but that can be caused by multiple things. Bad HDD, disruptive installation, or a 2nd hand ps4 with issues. 9.0 is the latest current Jailbreak FW which is why its best for you to update to that b/c its extremely stable more so than 5.05.
9.03 is pointless to be on b/c it has no exploit anyway.

Reactions: 2DSGamerdude

2DSGamerdude

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Nobody is having issues that would prevent your play on the ps4. There are a very few folks who had an installation problem, but that can be caused by multiple things. Bad HDD, disruptive installation, or a 2nd hand ps4 with issues. 9.0 is the latest current Jailbreak FW which is why its best for you to update to that b/c its extremely stable more so than 5.05.
9.03 is pointless to be on b/c it has no exploit anyway.
i see, okay when Stranger's Paradise Final Fantasy Orgins comes out on ps4 i'll update my system then o get on psn for any dlc etc.
my ps4 is legit non cfw on it, maybe if i had a ps5 system and trnasfered all my stuff (profile/saves/game data) over there,
i might have added cfw on my ps4, but atm it is non-cfw'd.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I did experience lag when I updated my PS4 to 9.00, some people did bricked their unit based on report.

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i see, okay when Stranger's Paradise Final Fantasy Orgins comes out on ps4 i'll update my system then o get on psn for any dlc etc.
my ps4 is legit non cfw on it, maybe if i had a ps5 system and trnasfered all my stuff (profile/saves/game data) over there,
i might have added cfw on my ps4, but atm it is non-cfw'd.
Ah well its up to you, you could get the game for free with a cfw ps4 to be honest. But if you plan to get a ps5 might wanna try to get your hands on it since the webkit is exploited which means the ps5 is almost fully exploited for cfw.

Reactions: 2DSGamerdude

2DSGamerdude

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I did experience lag when I updated my PS4 to 9.00, some people did bricked their unit based on report.
oh, i see okay i'll keep that in mind, hopefully but mrach 18th sony will have rolled out a new better FW. i hope.

Ah well its up to you, you could get the game for free with a cfw ps4 to be honest. But if you plan to get a ps5 might wanna try to get your hands on it since the webkit is exploited which means the ps5 is almost fully exploited for cfw.
yeah, i'd dothat, but.. finding/getting a ps5 that is disk basied, is harder than finding a swtich oled.
and super exp like above 300euros. lol
that's almost all the money i need for all my new game for this year.

i hope the v9.03 update for ps4 is safe to go to in march 18th or if sony brings out a newer fw.

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i dunno, it seems to be alot of users reporting issues with v9.0. not sure about v.9.03,
but it can't be any better than what v9.0 does :( .

im not updating my ps4 to these fw's, so i can have a working system, it's way better than a non working one.

tho, if you don't have the latest fw, you can't use psn or update/sync tropfies, but it's a minor/small con compraied to the big con that is what v9.0-9.02 does to the ps4 systems, it seems.

bd drives bricking and boot loops? woo, ps4 updates really suck then and now it ssems.
I have this issue. I’ve had my PlayStation 4 since the beginning and I’ve never had any problems and now even after choosing option seven in safe mode and reinstalling the system software as well as providing the current system software and a USB device, any game I download and try to play within 15 minutes it tells me the game is either unuseable and is corrupted or I am unable to start the game altogether. It is infuriating!

2DSGamerdude

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I have this issue. I’ve had my PlayStation 4 since the beginning and I’ve never had any problems and now even after choosing option seven in safe mode and reinstalling the system software as well as providing the current system software and a USB device, any game I download and try to play within 15 minutes it tells me the game is either unuseable and is corrupted or I am unable to start the game altogether. It is infuriating!

um, yeah i recently updated my fat ps4 system from v8.50 -> v9.04 using safe mode method via USB.
it worked great, my ps4 restarted fine and booted up great after the firmware update install on usb.

but first, i backed up all my game saves & any captures (photos/videos) to my usb stick just in case of any issues,
i've not tried loading/playing any games since updating to v9.04, but i hope all is good/will work like on v8.50?

i think that updating the ps4 via safemode on usb is the best way to avoid any issues/bricks as it can't be corrupted or stopped half way like on wifi for example.

i just hope i can play games like before since stranger's paradise ffO is coming to ps4 on the 18th,
it'll be one "kickass" of a game indeed :) if not for the memes it has made already! (Lipbizkit, buttrock, bullshit).

2DSGamerdude

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Remove this whole thread 😂

Eh, no!
well... actually not really, let me explain why this isn't the case here, specificly:

This "thread" i made had the info/tips for not updating/avoiding versions 9.0/9.03 which are problematic for some ps4 users,

v9.04 however is problematicly free of any issues that the prevoius versions had,
i know this for a fact as i updated my FAT ps4 system from v8.50 - v9.04 recently via Safe Mode (using the update file) in USB mode, and all went fine, my ps4 works great with 0% issues (no frezze/lag/slowdowns/game lockups or no games playing) :) .

plus, this "thread", my dude has gotten 9K views & 35 replies since i posted it from december 21st, 2021!
so, that alone says something, plus all the info here might be of use to someone browsing the temp for future info,
so it is good/best for this thread to remain here, so as to help/adive someone who might have any such issues in the future.

normally, the thread would have been removed if it were deemed as garbiage, but this one has some good info in it, so it'll stay here.

nikeymikey

This is now a Spiderman thread.........
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Eh, no!
well... actually not really, let me explain why this isn't the case here, specificly:

This "thread" i made had the info/tips for not updating/avoiding versions 9.0/9.03 which are problematic for some ps4 users,

v9.04 however is problematicly free of any issues that the prevoius versions had,
i know this for a fact as i updated my FAT ps4 system from v8.50 - v9.04 recently via Safe Mode (using the update file) in USB mode, and all went fine, my ps4 works great with 0% issues (no frezze/lag/slowdowns/game lockups or no games playing) :) .

plus, this "thread", my dude has gotten 9K views & 35 replies since i posted it from december 21st, 2021!
so, that alone says something, plus all the info here might be of use to someone browsing the temp for future info,
so it is good/best for this thread to remain here, so as to help/adive someone who might have any such issues in the future.

normally, the thread would have been removed if it were deemed as garbiage, but this one has some good info in it, so it'll stay here.
Dude.

Thanks for the unneeded explanation :)

Anyhow, here is my rebuttal to your outburst....

Since the latest JB release many many many people have updated their system to 9.0, myself included and have not had any of the problems you mention.

A lot of your "35 replies" are people telling you they have done exactly that and had no issues. I'm not saying that there wasn't a few isolated issues but as mentioned in the thread most of those were down to faulty hardware. I myself have reinitialised my ps4 a couple of times recently while experimenting with 16gb of storage (didn't end well but that's a different story) and have reinstalled the 9.0 fw at least twice, again with zero issues.

Besides all the above, did I actually expect the thread to be closed after my original comment?

OF COURSE NOT, i'm not 12 ffs. /s

2DSGamerdude

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Dude.

Thanks for the unneeded explanation :)

Anyhow, here is my rebuttal to your outburst....

Since the latest JB release many many many people have updated their system to 9.0, myself included and have not had any of the problems you mention.

A lot of your "35 replies" are people telling you they have done exactly that and had no issues. I'm not saying that there wasn't a few isolated issues but as mentioned in the thread most of those were down to faulty hardware. I myself have reinitialised my ps4 a couple of times recently while experimenting with 16gb of storage (didn't end well but that's a different story) and have reinstalled the 9.0 fw at least twice, again with zero issues.

Besides all the above, did I actually expect the thread to be closed after my original comment?

OF COURSE NOT, i'm not 12 ffs. /s

right, sorry about that, i thought all those replies were for issues ppl had with the bad updates,
um then maybe this thread should be delted. i'll see if i can report it & have it removed completely.

Reactions: Marc_LFD

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over