Gaming avi to mp3 and video screenshot software?

nin10do

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
most of the videos and anime on my laptop are in avi or mkv format. anyone know a good software program i can use to extract part of the audio from them (by specifying the video time).

i also have a few high res HD videos. how do i take a high res screen shot when the video is paused at a particular frame?
if i hit prnt scrn and paste to a regular photo editor, it just pastes a blank screen.

i currently have vista, mpc, vlc, paint.net and adobe photoshop.

nin10do

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
:/ thats exactly what i was afraid of. i was hoping someone knew a single software program that could do this. i've already got a multitude of programs to perform even little tasks.

thanks though . i'll use this till i find something better.

Sephi

fool
Trophies
Website
nov.us.to
XP
Country
United States
I believe vlc and mpc let you take screenshots, vlc works better though. In VLC, go to the video drop down box and select snapshot.

edit: oh, and vlc by default saves snapshots to "My Pictures"

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You could do a loopback and a sound recorder I guess but if you have MKVtoolnix it should come with MKVextract, it is a command line app but there is GUI available (I know you wanted all in one).
AVI is easy enough, grab virtual dub or something like avidemux. You can trim the video and export the audio. most apps will not like opening MKV but if you have avisynth installed (batchDPG uses it) then you can bypass such a problem.

Screenshots: print screen will not work as it renders in hardware. It will look worse but if you open up your graphics card settings and completely disable acceleration (off the top of my head I am not sure how to do this in vista but in XP it is under advanced, troubleshoot in the usual screen settings menu) you can use printscreen. However any video player worth anything can take a screenshot and ffdshow (which if you are on windows with media player classic you are probably using) has the option as well.

nin10do

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
Sephi said:
I believe vlc and mpc let you take screenshots, vlc works better though. In VLC, go to the video drop down box and select snapshot.

edit: oh, and vlc by default saves snapshots to "My Pictures"

tried using vlc. it's fine for just watching a video from start to finish but it gets way too blocky when you skip ahead.
i'm using mpc right now.

QUOTE(FAST6191 @ Feb 8 2009, 01:59 PM) You could do a loopback and a sound recorder I guess but if you have MKVtoolnix it should come with MKVextract, it is a command line app but there is GUI available (I know you wanted all in one).
AVI is easy enough, grab virtual dub or something like avidemux. You can trim the video and export the audio. most apps will not like opening MKV but if you have avisynth installed (batchDPG uses it) then you can bypass such a problem.

Screenshots: print screen will not work as it renders in hardware. It will look worse but if you open up your graphics card settings and completely disable acceleration (off the top of my head I am not sure how to do this in vista but in XP it is under advanced, troubleshoot in the usual screen settings menu) you can use printscreen. However any video player worth anything can take a screenshot and ffdshow (which if you are on windows with media player classic you are probably using) has the option as well.

mkv extract is awesome
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    and good morning everyone
    +1
    S @ salazarcosplay: and good morning everyone +1