any1 know how to stop this coming up dont want parents to see him

gk.7

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
AVG is good actually. I know a lot of people at my college where I work that have it and say it's great. The thing is that you MUST do the updates. I don't know where you got it from but just go to www.download.com (same as going to www.cnet.com and go to the download section). Good luck.

da_head

A dying dream..
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
gk.7 said:
AVG is good actually. I know a lot of people at my college where I work that have it and say it's great. The thing is that you MUST do the updates. I don't know where you got it from but just go to www.download.com (same as going to www.cnet.com and go to the download section). Good luck.
avg WAS good (prior to 8.0). i'm sure many members will agree that the ones i listed are far superior

Dack

Trophies
XP
Country
They've all got little foibles
smile.gif

AVG was the one that: deleted system files, started going off to download files from google searches (increasing your traffic and slowing down your internet).

Kaspersky: messed up with a few updates in version numbers meaning you couldn't get on the internet IIRC

Avast: A lock up on Vista systems about last September due to an update that slowed your system down to an unimaginable rate.

Norton: Just evil
wink.gif
(Fixed a laptop for someone yesterday where it would lock at the main loading screen. Fix was just remove Norton ). What can you say about software that you have to download a seperate app to make sure you delete it properly.

NOD32: Detects Wiiscrubber 1.0 as a trojan (as it says "probably agent trojan").

etc......

Dack

Trophies
XP
Country
It was one I was fixing for someone. The machine had ground to a halt after the Avast update he did. Uninstalling Avast and re-installing fixed it.

(It's probably my AV of choice)

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I actually have the exact same problem as the Topic starter. Sometimes it just pops up, saying that I may not be aware that I'm using an illegal copy of AVG
wtf.gif

Guess I'll deinstall it soon and go to the free version again
smile.gif

Maz7006

iSEXu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
da_head said:
avg WAS good (prior to 8.0). i'm sure many members will agree that the ones i listed are far superior

I agree, i use kaspersky and ESET, yet of course on different systems, just go for them, also remember that some anti-virus's that you download give you 90 Days for free, for some time, i just found myself switching from one to another.

DarkRey

still transfoooorming.... with sum lags!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Croatia
i dont like AVG
it takes more than a year to finish scanning my pc and it detects most of my files as virus

now im using norton 2009 which is compared to the older version is far superior, now it doesnt drain your ram memory (it uses less). the scanning are way faster than avg ( completed a full scan in less than a hour)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: :whip: