Hacking Autorunning Moonshell2 on Ak2i suggestion

If one could be made - would you want it ?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No (Explain Why)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Ok - bit of a suggestion that's came about after reading This Thread about using Moonshell as the 'default firmware & AKAIO as Sub-OS' and This thread to get Moonshell 2 to be able to run commercial ROMS on a acekard.

Anyone with a AK2i knows that the tip to get moonshell2 to be the 'default firmware' (by changing the name to 'akmenu4.nds') WILL NOT WORK -
they get the message 'System Files missing'.

One way around this is to get AKAIO to 'autorun' Moonshell2 as soon as it loads - & by using the AKAIO loader you can get Moonshell2 to run commercial games (as long as MS2 is version 2.06 or below that is - anything higher & it blocks it)

My suggestion is this - if it was possible, could a special 'akmenu4.nds' be made that fools the AK2i into thinking that the system files exist & then loads in 'moonshl2.nds' straight away WITHOUT having to load in AKAIO first.
Switch on > Load in 'akmenu4.nds' > Show 'Loading' message (loads in AKAIO) > see a quick flash of AKAIO screen > 'Autorun Moonsh2.nds' > Show 'Loading' > boot up Moonshell2 > Use moonshell2

we'll have

Switch on > Load in 'akmenu4.nds' > Show 'Loading...' > Load in 'Moonshl2.nds' > Use Moonshell2
This way you'll boot into moonshell & use MS for playing music/video/game etc, & if you select 'boot to firmware' from within MS - it'll boot into AKAIO so you can then use cheats/backup sav etc & because 'autorun' would be switched off in AKAIO then you'll won't need to hold down the button

I know it's only take a few seconds for the AKAIO autorun to work - but there's been many a time I've forgotten to press to bypass this when I've 'boot to firmware'

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: :whip: