Hacking Question AutoRCM still drains battery when turned off by hekate 4.2. Any ideas ?

Kolibiri

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So yeah, i recently updated to 6.0.1 via coidujournx and now my Switchs battery is always 0.0 % when i try to power it on. Even when i turned it off properly via hekate. It still goes to the hekate bootloader and it says 0.0 % but im unable to boot Horizon.
Does anyone know how to fix this ?
I still have an Nand backup from 5.1 but i accidentally burnt a fuse.

Kolibiri

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
No. That would turn it on again i know.
I assume that it has to do with the update itself. My switch was always a little broken.(Visual glitches in docked for example).

Last edited by Kolibiri,

Silent_Gunner

Crazy Cool Cyclops
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here's the lesson to learn from this:

Do.

Not.

Ever.

Use.

AutoRCM.

EVER!!!

I have my hacked Switch in the dock at home atm charging, and if I can get it to boot into RCM and get into Horizon, I should be fine, but unfortunately, if TegraRCMSmash wants to keep being a colossal PITA, I may have to take apart BOTH of my Switches, swap the batteries, and cook the dead battery with Darth Sidious' Force Lightning, because it's painful to not take part in some of these updates and to be afraid that what may be the portable system to end all portable systems when hacked is giving me the middle finger because of a headache-inducing flaw where the rate at which the battery will charge, if it even charges at all, is dependent upon functions built into the OS, and not anything like Qualcomm's QuickCharge (or whatever the standard is called) function.

Reactions: thaikhoa

Loko4

Trophies
Website
www.loko4.com
XP
Country
Brazil

Do.

Not.

Ever.

Use.

AutoRCM.

EVER!!!

I have my hacked Switch in the dock at home atm charging, and if I can get it to boot into RCM and get into Horizon, I should be fine, but unfortunately, if TegraRCMSmash wants to keep being a colossal PITA, I may have to take apart BOTH of my Switches, swap the batteries, and cook the dead battery with Darth Sidious' Force Lightning, because it's painful to not take part in some of these updates and to be afraid that what may be the portable system to end all portable systems when hacked is giving me the middle finger because of a headache-inducing flaw where the rate at which the battery will charge, if it even charges at all, is dependent upon functions built into the OS, and not anything like Qualcomm's QuickCharge (or whatever the standard is called) function.
another lesson bullshit

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Do.

Not.

Ever.

Use.

AutoRCM.

EVER!!!

Then what are people supposed to use, something to bridge the pins and potentially fry something in the system? Or pay money for a dongle? What if people don't want to do that and want to use strictly a software solution?

Silent_Gunner

Crazy Cool Cyclops
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Then what are people supposed to use, something to bridge the pins and potentially fry something in the system? Or pay money for a dongle? What if people don't want to do that and want to use strictly a software solution?

Then get a GPD WIN2. Or learn how to solder shit together so you don't have to use the jig.

I've had to put the jig into the Switch several times for various reasons, and the Switch hasn't failed me yet. Seriously, you can find jigs made for you for...wait for it...less than $5. The only reason I turned autoRCM on had something to do with updating the FW to 5.1.0, as I read somewhere that's the best one to be on atm. I wanted to run other homebrew games other than emulators, and everything that wasn't a tool or RetroArch kept crashing the entire system.

D

Deleted User

I don't know why you dudes are having issues with it, but I've been using Hekate's AutoRCM for months without any issues. Maybe you've just gotten unlucky.

D

Deleted User

Okay after 40+ switch mods

All CFW drain with Autorcm on - Its due to power off not turning off completely so your switch will have a black screen but is in fact on

You have to ways to defeat this:

1) Hold power and go into sleep mode - This is quickest way and works perfect for me on Hekate 4.2 with 6.01 switches - 5% battery drain every 24 hours

2) Power off like normal - Power on and hold - (hekate) and wait for boot / options - Go to power off and power off

These methods have worked for me and Autorcm is what it is - You just have to kbnow how to use it

Reactions: thaikhoa and phonz

Silent_Gunner

Crazy Cool Cyclops
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay after 40+ switch mods

All CFW drain with Autorcm on - Its due to power off not turning off completely so your switch will have a black screen but is in fact on

You have to ways to defeat this:

1) Hold power and go into sleep mode - This is quickest way and works perfect for me on Hekate 4.2 with 6.01 switches - 5% battery drain every 24 hours

2) Power off like normal - Power on and hold - (hekate) and wait for boot / options - Go to power off and power off

These methods have worked for me and Autorcm is what it is - You just have to kbnow how to use it

Which I unfortunately did not and have learned my lesson after getting in late on that PSA warning because I didn't have a second Switch to hack so my main Switch account\console could remain safe at the time it was first made.

When Nintendo's taken the gloves off of enforcement like that, sometimes the simpler solution can provide more peace of mind.

GunzOfNavarone

Trophies
XP
Country
I updated by this method the other day, but rather than install AutoRCM through hekate, I installed it through the latest version of SX OS. Then once it was updated, I uninstalled it again and (touch wood) my battery has been absolutely fine. I very nearly did it through Hekate though.

Reactions: Deleted User
D

Deleted User

I updated by this method the other day, but rather than install AutoRCM through hekate, I installed it through the latest version of SX OS. Then once it was updated, I uninstalled it again and (touch wood) my battery has been absolutely fine. I very nearly did it through Hekate though.

Only Issue i've seen with RCM is when the battery completely dies.

kumikochan

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
reed switch. easy to install and literally the best thing ever besides a chip xp

mattytrog

You don`t want to listen to anything I say.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Do.

Not.

Ever.

Use.

AutoRCM.

EVER!!!

You fail son...

If using a dongle, autorcm is advised against for this reason as without the exploit (fusee) triggering after shutdown (the mini power-on), which is needed to correctly shut down the system.

People who say autoRCM is dangerous need a poke in the eye.

Not dangerous.

And only an inconvenience at the very worst even if you are stupid.

Last edited by mattytrog,
Reactions: 210modz

Dfroberts86

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So yeah, i recently updated to 6.0.1 via coidujournx and now my Switchs battery is always 0.0 % when i try to power it on. Even when i turned it off properly via hekate. It still goes to the hekate bootloader and it says 0.0 % but im unable to boot Horizon.
Does anyone know how to fix this ?
I still have an Nand backup from 5.1 but i accidentally burnt a fuse.
Why are you turning it off? It can go weeks in sleep mode before the battery dies. There should be no need to turn it off.

Sent from my BND-L24 using Tapatalk

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Good night