Hacking Question AutoRcm Corrupted switch permanently does not show as APX or RCM mode help.

zniel0

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi my switch was working fine till it died while in Autorcm mode. Usually to revive it I charge and then use the Sxtools app on android and it boots back up.

Few days ago tried to update emunand to 9.0 with sx 2.9 beta.. update failed/stuck. Switch Went back to AutoRCM and booted to normal Sxos 8.1 firmware all good.

Yesterday the switch Died again in battery mode. I left it on charge. Could not connect to Android Sxtools. (api error)

Tried connecting it to pc. TegraRcm Gui - Rcm not detected. (Usb device notification shows usb not recognized) NOT A DRIVER ISSUE My Normal non cfw Switch is Detected In RCM mode using same cable.

Tried holding power 15 seconds. Then holding volume up and then power.. no Rcm detected. Usb not recognize notification

Tried Holding power 30 seconds. Put in jig hold volume up and then power.. no Rcm detected. Same notification

On the Pc/android all drivers are installed and everything works when using non cfw switch.

I think my AutoRcm or boot table is corrupted is there any solution to getting this fixed? I have 3 nintendo switches 2 normal 1 lite. I cannot open the cfw switch since the screws are stripped. From what I can tell the battery is charged since I get notifications on pc usb.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Let it charge first, even if you get it to power on it would just be in AutoRCM mode, you should push a different payload and see if it work.

zniel0

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Let it charge first, even if you get it to power on it would just be in AutoRCM mode, you should push a different payload and see if it work.

Problem is there is no way to push payload since RCM is not detected on the Tegrarcmgui.

zniel0

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Change your cable, port if you are sure that the driver is installed correctly, you still need to have some battery for the unit to go into RCM mode.

I left it charging all nite, The same cable and port work on my 2nd switch. I tried both usb c and usb 2.0 ports. Still on the cfw switch I just get usb not recognize notification.

zniel0

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
any other ideas? Can AutoRcm be removed via draining the battery? Or restored since there is no way for it to detected on pc/dongle/android.

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Nope, Autorcm can only be enabled or disabled from a payload or homebrew.

In case it's a charging issue, you could try switching in your other switches charged battery and see if you get it back up running.

eyeliner

Has an itch needing to be scratched.
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Unplug the Switch from all cables and press power for a good minute.
Slap it back into your computer. Do you hear the conection notification?
Explain results in diagram form.

zniel0

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unplug the Switch from all cables and press power for a good minute.
Slap it back into your computer. Do you hear the conection notification?
Explain results in diagram form.

Yes I always hear a notification. Then "unrecognized Usb device" Its only happening on this switch.. I installed cfw on my second without an issue.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Iv been waiting since yesterday for the battery to drain but it doesn't seem like the battery has drained out.

Reactions: satan89

eyeliner

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Yes I always hear a notification. Then "unrecognized Usb device" Its only happening on this switch.. I installed cfw on my second without an issue.

Iv been waiting since yesterday for the battery to drain but it doesn't seem like the battery has drained out.

So the Switch is in RCM.

That happens in one of my USB ports (it's a bit finicky, that bastard!). But not in all, I would try my best to use another computer, if possible.

Last edited by eyeliner,

zniel0

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So the Switch is in RCM.

That happens in one of my USB ports (it's a bit finicky, that bastard!). But not in all, I would try my best to use another computer, if possible.

Tried on 2 pc's and one laptop, My normal switch detected RCM on all.. but this switch gave usb device not recongized on all :(

Have you tried the 12 seconds power switch hold? Then tap once and plug in?

Yes It gives the disconnected notification and then detected notfication sound on pc but no RCM detection.

Budsixz

Gbatemp Gamemer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Tried on 2 pc's and one laptop, My normal switch detected RCM on all.. but this switch gave usb device not recongized on all :(

Yes It gives the disconnected notification and then detected notfication sound on pc but no RCM detection.
its an issue with the switch not being detected by the pc most likely because of -
1. Drivers not installed properly
2. The usb cable is faulty. (try a smaller cable)
3. The Switch port could be shot but since it is being detected then I doubt this is the case.

Try someone else's pc or better yet use your phone with "RCM Loader" to push the payload.

zniel0

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
its an issue with the switch not being detected by the pc most likely because of -
1. Drivers not installed properly
2. The usb cable is faulty. (try a smaller cable)
3. The Switch port could be shot but since it is being detected then I doubt this is the case.

Try someone else's pc or better yet use your phone with "RCM Loader" to push the payload.

I tried Usb c and usb 2 cables both tested working did not work on this switch.

I just installed RCM loader on android. The switch wasnt detected (previously it used to get detected with sxtools on the same device)

eyeliner

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Im trying to figure out how to open the stripped screws. You are probably right its a hardware issue.
I hope it is, so you don't have a pricey paperweight. Good luck, my friend.
You can get a screwdriver for a few bucks in a hardware store. Better invest a few dollars in decent hardware than taking shortcuts.

Here, take this.

dohdoh

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you ever figured out what it was? I have the exact same issues. Other switches work fine but this one gives me error saying “USB DEVICE NOT RECOGNIZED” was it the charging port? Thanks

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Did you ever figured out what it was? I have the exact same issues. Other switches work fine but this one gives me error saying “USB DEVICE NOT RECOGNIZED” was it the charging port? Thanks
it will either be the USB port or the usb cable, first verify the usb cable works with other devices, then if it does try wiggling the wire where it plugs into the switch to see if it works on certain angles, you can also usually see inside the port if there is bent connections you will probably need a good light and good eyes though, its kinda tricky to see them

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1