Hacking Question autorcm brick help?

djp-AKA-bionic

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im running autorcm with sxos, left it sitting for about a month since i last touched it, put it on the dock to charge (official nintendo dock) and its just blinking green on the dock now, left it powered up on the charger overnight, still same thing, cant get it to boot at all, tried sxpro and tegrarcm , computer says usb device not recognized and the drivers are installed, have tried reinstalling drivers several times, took switch apart and unplugged battery and plugged it back in, no bueno. any suggestions to get this thing going again?

kaiobj

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Have you tried holding the power button for about 12 seconds and tried to connect it to PC again to see if the USB is recognized? I am aware that autorcm has some issues and maybe it can be the case. I thought I bricked my Switch once but I forced a shutdown holding the power button and powering up again.

djp-AKA-bionic

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes have already tried that as well, sorry i forgot to mention it in my OP

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

also, i am using a legit nintendo usb c

Shadow LAG

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nothing is wrong with your switch, I covered this too many times to count. I'm just going to quote myself here to save time:

Okay, so here's the thing, if you have autoRCM and your switch dies, plug it into the wall directly with the power cable that came with your switch, and wait 45 minutes to an hour. No you will not see a charging indicator nor any LED lights or signs of life during this process. Wait 45 minutes to an hour and then unplug the switch from power, plug the dongle in, and press the power button.

If you don't see life right away try holding the power button for 15 seconds and then press the power button again. If you do not see the payload deploy, plug the switch back into the wall and let it sit for 3 hours and repeat the process. If you still don't see life, deploy a payload from your computer or phone to rule out a defective dongle. If you STILL do not see signs of life, you may be one of the VERY RARE unlucky few that need to hard reset the battery by disconnecting it, and re-attaching before charging.

Once you are in Horizon (Switch OS) immediately plug your switch back in and let it charge normally. This really isn't that hard of a concept to grasp. If you don't know what RCM mode does, then please educate yourself first before installing AutoRCM, or don't use it all. In nearly 99% of the cases, people believing their switch is bricked from AutoRCM + Battery dying are simply not charging their battery long enough, or giving up the moment they do not see the charging indicators / backlight come on. Those same people end up finding out later it was user error and almost always report back their switch is working correctly.

I've debunked that AutoRCM battery brick thread that was circulating misinformation countless times after proving charging works from a completely dead battery. Please follow what I outlined above and actually implement patience and critical troubleshooting before posting: "MY SWITCH WON'T TURN ON". That only serves to spread further misinformation.
[/book]

TLDR; Your switch is NOT bricked, you only think it is because you are not patient enough

Once you've tried all that, ( I see you tried most, but failed to rule out a couple of things) then most likely you have a dead battery.

Try different cables, different computer, different payload.

Last edited by Shadow LAG,

Keylogger

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
yea i tried all that, guess ill buy a new battery
Hi
Im sorry to bump this old thread but I have the EXACT same problem as you
Did a new battery fix your problem?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

EDIT: I have tried to unplug the battery, can my switch be detected in autoRCM with no battery at all? Just plugged to the PC with USB-C cable?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's mostly the ones that are just pictures and no instructions at all