OP
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
There are many problems with applying profile banners. Simply put, there are no answers as to what the image dimensions need to be, and so when you create your banner regardless, both the top and bottom gets cropped off. It would be great if there was an option to re-size the image in full.

EDIT: The banner size should be 1280×456 pixels which should fix the issue. Thanks @smileyhead for the solution.

Last edited by SylverReZ,

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
It does automatically resize it, that's why the borders are cut off, it scales up the image so the image fills the whole box without breaking its aspect ratio.

The default image resolution given is so the banner will display in full when you use the default webpage width (which I believe is 1366, which used to be the most common desktop resolution until very recently).
1672061757806.png

ie, here's what Chary's looks like with default width, it displays normally:
1672061892090.png

And here's what it looks like when I toggle width on my ultrawide monitor, it scales the image up but cuts it off because of my resolution:
1672061909634.png

There's no perfect way to scale images to make them always appear perfect in every resolution, unless you want whatever you uploaded to stretch which looks ugly.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
There are many problems with applying profile banners. Simply put, there are no answers as to what the image dimensions need to be, and so when you create your banner regardless, both the top and bottom gets cropped off. It would be great if there was an option to re-size the image in full.
I would just make it extra wide, so it scales vertically without issues.

Reactions: SylverReZ

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte