Gaming Autodesk 3DS not working

codmaster

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just bought a copy of Autodesk 3DS,it said unable to access network location,i exchanged it for another copy,same thing
plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz help me
Error 1606
Thx

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl...;linkID=9240617
QUOTE said:
Folder redirection

There are several ways to redirect certain folders from within the user profile, including (but not limited to) the Start Menu, My Documents or Temp folders. This customization can be done directly on the computer or with network management software, such as Microsoft Active Directory and Group Policies. These types of customizations can cause failures in the AutoCAD secondary installer which might result in error messages, such as Error 1606: Unable to access network location. To correct this issue, you should remove folder redirection from the user, reboot the machine, and then try to run AutoCAD again.

Also, are you running it as Administrator?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
it's when running the software or when trying to access your own network drives to load/save files?

If it's when launching the software, then check that your firewall or antivirus doesn't prevent access to the needed dll (there are 1 or more services running on your computer which acts as a server renderer plugin, and/or certificate verification).

Sorry, I didn't use 3DS max since a long time, it's only what I remember.
I hope it helps.

Check what twiztidsinz found too, it seems more appropriate than my help
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse