Hacking Autoboot Usb loader gx

mayonaze

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I was trying to use the priiloader autoboot functions to autoboot USB loader GX. I tired all of this to the T twice no luck. It installs the dol fine, but when I rest wii it just black screens, I have to access priiloader via reset and delete the dol file. I tried this twice with no luck? Any help would really be appreciated!

"1. The first thing to do is to put the dol you want to boot on the SD card. You have to place this dol at the root of the SD card (not in a folder). It is not needed to rename the file to boot.dol

Wii ----------------------

2. Run priiloader (by holding the RESET button while the Wii boots.)

3. Now go to Install File. On the new screen, go to your dol and press A to install it. Wait for it to install and return to the main menu.

4. Now go to Settings. We need to change 2 things here:
* Change autoboot: to File
* Change return to: to Priiloader

Save the settings and restart the Wii to see the result.
Note that you can only access the system menu trough priiloader (or crazyIntro)!"

mayonaze

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FIX94 said:
I never tried it, but download the "forwarder-sd_usb-apps-usbloader_gx.dol" from here:
http://priiloader.baduncles.de/forwarder/
Install it, and you should be able to autoboot usb loader gx.

Damn!! I went and tried this one and pretty much the same thing black screen after install and reset. Only now it blacks screens, then you can see the the blue led drive light come on and it acts like it is going to load but never dose. every 15 seconds it repeats this blue light reset things. ? any other ideas? Thanks

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
mayonaze said:
FIX94 said:
I never tried it, but download the "forwarder-sd_usb-apps-usbloader_gx.dol" from here:

Damn!! I went and tried this one and pretty much the same thing black screen after install and reset. Only now it blacks screens, then you can see the the blue led drive light come on and it acts like it is going to load but never dose. every 15 seconds it repeats this blue light reset things. ? any other ideas? Thanks
Sounds like file not found. Make sure the usb loader gx boot.dol is in sd:/apps/usbloader_gx or usb:/apps/usbloader_gx.

mayonaze

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FIX94 said:
mayonaze said:
FIX94 said:

Sounds like file not found. Make sure the usb loader gx boot.dol is in sd:/apps/usbloader_gx or usb:/apps/usbloader_gx.

Not found? It shows up just fine in priiloader when I click load/ installed file. and installs fine(it says lol) I just tried what you said again no luck. no existing file on fat device!
P.S. the guide i quoted above simply says in the root of sd card not in a folder!

mayonaze

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
XFlak said:
u are installing a file from the root, and the file u install is a forwarder dol... so after installing the file, u still need to have an sd card or a fat32 HDD with usb-loader gx saved on it in the path specified above
mmm not quite getting it
frown.gif
I use usb loader gx as my main loader with a 130g hdd, is my HDD not formatted to fat32 maybe? How could I find this out/ format it to 32. If I recall its on wbfs. Not really sure what to do here can you explain in a little more detail for a slow learner! ? Thanks
P.S. So I need to have the usb loader gx dol in the root and the app/usb loader gx? This is confusing!

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The usb loader gx dol goes to apps/usbloader_gx.
The forwarder-sd_usb-apps-usbloader_gx.dol goes to your sd card root.
Install the forwarder-sd_usb-apps-usbloader_gx.dol again and start it via start installed file.

mayonaze

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FIX94 said:
The usb loader gx dol goes to apps/usbloader_gx.
The forwarder-sd_usb-apps-usbloader_gx.dol goes to your sd card root.
Install the forwarder-sd_usb-apps-usbloader_gx.dol again and start it via start installed file.

Wahoo!! Thanks so much that explained it better for me! its up and running now autoboot gx thanks allot!

mayonaze

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is truly an awsome feature. Why go through all that other crap, sysmenu, HBC, gx forwarder. Autoboot GX is the only way to go!! I'm happy!

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
You know, that topic was from 2010 :mellow:
The link is dead, and if it was not dead the file would be EXTREMELY outdated !
There's no way you should download files from a random topic from a random date.
Always check the date of the posts to prevent using old (and possibly incompatible) files.

if you want the latest forwarder dol, go to the official USB Loader GX website, then download the all-in-one package you want to use.
Extract the package and use the dol file located in wad/forwarder dol/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: hoi