Ronhero

Too Weird to Live, Too Rare to Die
OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
I am not the type to make a Q&A thread but I ran into some problems and can't seem to find answers

1 - for whatever reason I can't ever get an edited boot.cfg to be recognized by crt boot. I tried editing in notepad should I use something else?

2 - When I boot into crtboot and try to load pasta or reinand sys I get auto booted back to crt. Any idea why this is doing this?

Thanks for the help guys

OctopusRift

GBATemp's Local Octopus, Open 9am-2am. "Not Yet"
Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
I am not the type to make a Q&A thread but I ran into some problems and can't seem to find answers

1 - for whatever reason I can't ever get an edited boot.cfg to be recognized by crt boot. I tried editing in notepad should I use something else?

2 - When I boot into crtboot and try to load pasta or reinand sys I get auto booted back to crt. Any idea why this is doing this?

Thanks for the help guys
OOOH I KNOW! SEND IT TO ME!

cultopi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Thanks for the help guys
try notepad ++?

Tony_93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's actually completely normal that it does that.

Menuhax loads from the Theme data when your system is starting up.

Pasta and reinandsys are booting in sysnand so when it loads the theme data again autoboot loads in again.

In order to "autoboot" a CFW into sysnand, you'll have to choose the CFW from ctr (or autoboot it) and then press a button while CFW is loading so it doesn't loop back into ctr.

Last edited by Tony_93,

Ronhero

Too Weird to Live, Too Rare to Die
OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States

Pasta and reinandsys are booting in sysnand so when it loads the theme data again autoboot loads in again.

In order to "autoboot" a CFW into sysnand, you'll have to choose the CFW from ctr (or autoboot it) and then press a button while CFW is loading so it doesn't loop back into ctr.

But I have seen people who say they have gotten it to work. I think I am going to start over and try it again, maybe I missed something

JJTapia19

I fight for my friends.
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico

Yes, this is what I have to do to get to sysnand while using pasta cfw.

ken28

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
But I have seen people who say they have gotten it to work. I think I am going to start over and try it again, maybe I missed something
There are two types of homehax, one boots to sys if you don't hold l and the other is the other way around

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sak is a fishy pineapple