alittleboy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,

I just got my Supercard DS1 today and I tried loading up Castlevania DOS to watch intro. It lags after the bats fly away.

I tried changing to a higher speed, but it still lagged. When I did the auto set sd speed, it only gave me 16.

I have the A-data 4GB SDHC Class 6 card.

Anyone know why I'm still lagging with this fast card?

EDIT: I have a fat ds if that matters and I have used about 2GB of the memory so far.

kayjay

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
FORMATTER AND FAT TYPE MAKE NO DIFFERENT AT ALL.

first of all, to set speed manually, "patch speed" has to be unchecked.
and then set speed to '4' or higher than '27' manually.
in the case of the latter, be sure of your sdcard's autoset speed is capable the speed that you manually set.

you can solve the castlevania prob like this way, but it causes unstableness with many other roms.
ex) white screen
moreover, if "patch speed" is disabled, you cannot use the rts function.

so i recommand that you use 2 os; the official os with patch mode enabled, and ysmenu(or official dstt os)
and you can choose the os depend on various roms.

Searinox

"Dances" with Dragons
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
FAT formatting(NOT fat DS vs lite DS) of the memory makes a difference, but formatter makes NO difference at all. Dual boot is a very viable solution, but if you wanna solve problems within the SC OS try setting DMA to on, and disable all other patches like soft reset RTS and cheats, which add extra routines for the DS to process during game thus slowing it down. The fastest formatting is FAT(FAT16) with 64K cluster size, although it won't help everyone.

geokilla

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
At least your Auto Set SD speed doesn't set it to 5.

Try to manually increase it till you get instability in games or white screens. I'm no good with these things, but I heard that if the read speed is too high, there will be problems.

currynoodles

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia
Haha. Mine is automatically set at 5 too. I'm so tempted to go back to my R4, things were so much simpler on it. I hardly use RTS and all those fancy features anyway. My reason for upgrade was because the R4 team stopped most of their support for their cart.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Psionic Roshambo, atleast there was some neat filler there