Auto rename ID3 tags

Discussion in 'Computer Software and Operating Systems' started by Jax, Jan 28, 2008.

Jan 28, 2008

Auto rename ID3 tags by Jax at 11:19 AM (868 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. Jax
    OP

Member Jax Pip Pip Cheerioink!

Portugal
    Is there any program that searches for ID3 tag info on a big online database and then stores it on the MP3 file?

I'm sick of manually renaming my MP3s, just so they look good on my new player (Creative Zen 4GB).

2. Devante

Member Devante Crescent fresh at best.

United States
    http://musicbrainz.org/

Absolutely awesome.

Re-tagged and organized 4.5 GB of MP3's for me automatically (with some hand holding once in a while).

3. Jax
    OP

Member Jax Pip Pip Cheerioink!

Portugal
    Thank you very much! [​IMG]

4. JKR Firefox

Member JKR Firefox Back.

Canada
    MediaMonkey is another very good program which does the same thing even going as far as to imbed the album art directly into the MP3.

5. Electric_Wizard

Member Electric_Wizard GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    I recently bought (thats right, BOUGHT) magic mp3 tagger.

I finally got myself a decent mp3 player (Archos 605 WIFI) and decided it was time to tame my 130gb mp3 collection. Even with a decent bit of tagging software it's taking forever!!! Think I've done about 1/5 so far...

6. fischju

Member fischju Rehabilitated Jaywalker

United States
    Woo, go Archos 605 WiFi. A little tip on it - download any manga/comic book, use faststone image converter to rotate them -90 (so you turn the device on it's side to read it) and you have a great e-book reader! (You can also listen to music at the same time)

7. Samutz

Member Samutz Wet Tissue Sample

United States
    I use Advanced MP3 Catalog Pro, as suggested by someone on irc a while back. It's not fully automated, but I wouldn't want it to be. The automated ones I've tried would grab the wrong album info.

I stick all my incoming (newly downloaded) albums in a folder called incoming (subfolder for each album), then use AMCP to scan the album folders. It'll show a list of possible matches from FreeDB and Amazon. I select the correct album and click Apply and it fills in all the ID3 info on the mp3. It also has rename functions, which is nice for the albums that you download that have retarded filenames like "01_-_album.name_-_album.artist_-_song.name.here...[2007][blahblah].mp3"