Hardware Auto Brightness not working?

Nemix77

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I am suspecting my Switch units Auto Bright sensor is not working, when I turn on Auto Brightness it just dims the screen a bit from having it off.

I tried going into light and dark rooms and there's not difference in the brightness whatsoever, I also tried covering the sensor with my fingers and nothing either.

I'm contemplating on wheather or not I want and exchange right now since other than this issue, I have no Joy Con, Wi-Fi or screen scratching in the dock issues and no dead pixels.

Anyone else?

xile6

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Never had a working auto brightness on anything iv own.
Havent tested the switch but sure its like everything else. Not something i care about.
But i wouldnt exchange the switch for something small like that

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If everything else is good I wouldn't worry about it. My iPad has auto brightness but it is difficult to tell sometimes.

Nemix77

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Never mind seems I got a perfect Switch, auto brightness working it's very subtle and takes a while to dim and brighten slowly (not in your face dimming and brightening of the screen which sometime feels like flickers on other screens implementation of auto brightness).

I use auto brightness with one tick down from the maximum brightness it offers (with on auto brightness that is, which is dimmer than the maximum with auto brightness off).

Just waiting on my tempered glass screen protector now, should arrive sometime this week...will be looking to get a hard case from Play-Asia soon.

Last edited by Nemix77,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: aeiou