Auto backup fail?

Discussion in 'M3 Adapter' started by Chardonnay, Nov 13, 2006.

Nov 13, 2006

Auto backup fail? by Chardonnay at 9:56 PM (843 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. Chardonnay
    OP

Newcomer Chardonnay Member

United States
    I have a m3 lite microsd with 256 mb sandisk card. I just bought this set about 2 weeks ago. Recently, I've been getting some save errors saying "Auto backup file not found" when I start up the m3 after shutting it down. Sometimes, it doesn't even put up a save screen and goes straight to the m3 menu right after I play a game. It's been working fine for 2 weeks until all of a sudden this started happening. What is wrong?

2. MaHe

Member MaHe one lazy schmo

Slovenia
    Make sure your NDSSAVE folder is present with all the corresponding (and properly named) .dat files. Also, try defragmenting the microSD and running scandisk. In the worst case scenario (but I doubt it), your SRAM may be faulty.

3. Bowser128

Member Bowser128 King Koopa

United Kingdom
    Is the name of your .dat exactly the same as the name of the game you're using it with?

4. flai

Member flai Androgynous Apparently :)

United Kingdom
    In my experience its just the save named wrongly.

5. Chardonnay
    OP

Newcomer Chardonnay Member

United States
    Yeah, all my dats are saved right. This problem exists with different games and sometimes it saves, sometimes it doesn't. I've also formatted the sd card and tried the FAT32 and FAT16 formats and this problem still exists. Could it be the SD card or the m3 adapter? If the SRAM is faulty, what can I do to fix it?