Austrian Wii accessory...

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by Veho, Dec 17, 2006.

Dec 17, 2006

Austrian Wii accessory... by Veho at 2:22 PM (1,200 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. Veho
    OP

Global Moderator Veho The man who cried "Ni".

Croatia
    I have a few questions about Wii games and accessories in Austria. I'm going to Salzburg for a few days, and I think games and accessories are cheaper there than they are in Croatia (also, available, unlike Croatia [​IMG] ), so I'm thinking about buying everything there [​IMG]

Questions:

Do the games have an English language option? Or are they in German only?
    How much do the games cost? (65 Euro in Croatia [​IMG] )
    How much do controlers cost? Classic, Nunchuk? (Not available yet [​IMG] )
    How much does a Gamecube controller cost? (Not available ATM [​IMG] )
    How much does the Wii Play game-controller bundle cost? (65 Euro.)

Thank you [​IMG]

2. OrR

Member OrR Rice-megatron Expert

Germany
    Prices and hardware should be similar to Germany so I'm going to answer with the German answers. You should probably wait for someone from Austria to confirm this, though.

Games cost 50-60 €uros, depending on the game and the store. Classic and Nunchuk controllers should be 20 €uros. No idea about Gamecube controller prices but with some luck you can probably get used ones pretty cheap. The Wii Play bundle should cost 50 €uro while a Wiimote alone costs 40 €uros.
    I guess the language options depend on the game but I didn't find an English option in my version of Red Steel. [​IMG] If someone knows a way to unlock it, please tell!
    Edit: Just saw that the back of my game box says Multi 5 or 6... I guess I'll have to switch the Wii system language to English or something... [​IMG]

3. xeorix

Newcomer xeorix Member

Sweden
    I wonder how it works with imported hardware... In two EU countries there are probably no problem, but I mean if I import let's say a wiimote from USA, will it work on my european wii? I know that imported games doesn't work, but how is the deal with hardware?

4. Pado

Member Pado GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    All accessory's should work on all Wii versions except ....RGB Scart cables will not work on an US/JAP Wii and S-video cables will not work on an EU Wii.

That's the only exception ...

5. Veho
    OP

Croatia
    Been there, done that. Salzburg is very nice, the Christkindlmarkt is great, I bought as much Mozart's balls ( [​IMG] ) as I could carry, and I had a gret time. But I didn't find any Wii accessories, no remotes, no Nunchucks, all sold out, or closed for the holidays. Oh, well. I'm off to suck Mozat's balls [​IMG]

6. controlio

Newcomer controlio Member

Austria
    jup...the prices here in austria are the same...gamcube controllers you can get quit cheap...i bought one for €15,-

7. Veho
    OP

Croatia
    A bit late for that (as is visible from my previous post), but thanks nonetheless [​IMG]
    I couldn't find any controllers anyway, so the price issue is moot now. I'll have to buy them all in Croatia. Generally, everything here costs "the German/Austrian price" + 22%. Almost to the cent (they round up [​IMG] ).

Oh well. I just bought Wii Play (61 Eur [​IMG] ), other controllers one at a time, as the need presents itself...