• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Austria first country to make Covid vaccine mandatory

Status
Not open for further replies.

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm certain the whole lab leak thing was a result of that paper because they identified it being 96% similar to the bat coronavirus that they were supposedly doing gain of function work on in the Wuhan lab.
96% is very different. The lab tested all their samples & it wasn't a match for any of them. If you're saying you don't believe them, well they were the ones that said it was 96%, so why believe that?

We know that sars cov 2 is 96% the same as a bat coronavirus that was found in the wild and sent to a lab. That coronavirus was in the wild mutating, that is the simplest and most likely way we got infected.

There are still plenty of people that don't even believe it came from Wuhan though, because that would somehow be racist.
No, it's racist when you attack another country and blame them when it was a natural event. The term "wet market" probably doesn't mean what you think it does. "Media reports that fail to distinguish between all wet markets and those with live animals or wildlife, as well as insinuations of fostering wildlife smuggling, have been blamed for fueling Sinophobia related to the COVID-19 pandemic."

I am not entirely sure it came from the wet market in wuhan as there were some initial cases that couldn't be explained. I think wuhan may have been a secondary site, that just happened to be more identifiable.

Last edited by smf,

XDel

Author of Alien Breed: Projekt Odamex
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And as mentioned a couple of times, Project Veritas is well known for deceptively editing videos and such to discredit and change up stories to fit their agendas. They've also heavily propagated conspiracy theories and disinformation, so your video "proof" is not very convincing.

My lord people, do any of you research anything you hear or do you just repeat the news that comforts your world view the most?

I always here these claims in the main stream press, and the main stream press, most especially on the left, has not qualms with lying to your face. Again if you can present me one case where in it can be proven without a doubt that project veritas is up to no good, I will HAPPILY reshare that information on my Youtube and elsewhere. I prefer to know when I am being lied to, but again I have looked into a lot of these claims in the past when I was familiarizing myself with Veritas, and none of them have held up so far. So if you can provide me with something that is not left wing b.s. I will be grateful!

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
There's no way the US would, have you seen how angry Fauci gets when it's suggested to him?
...You realize that Trump also would've had to have been in on the cover-up, and that man keeping any secret is a statistical impossibility. Especially after he lost the election, he would've had no reason to keep quiet. Regardless, the theory is ridiculous as can be...it's a worldwide pandemic, the whole world would need to be in on the conspiracy. And then the question remains: to what end? So the rich get richer and the poor get poorer? That was already happening at an exponential rate, and the working class actually has more bargaining power now as a result of so many people dying/leaving the work force.

subcon959

@!#?@!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
...You realize that Trump also would've had to have been in on the cover-up, and that man keeping any secret is a statistical impossibility. Especially after he lost the election, he would've had no reason to keep quiet. Regardless, the theory is ridiculous as can be...it's a worldwide pandemic, the whole world would need to be in on the conspiracy. And then the question remains: to what end? So the rich get richer and the poor get poorer? That was already happening at an exponential rate, and the working class actually has more bargaining power now as a result of so many people dying/leaving the work force.
Not sure why you're trying to inject a conspiracy into this. It's way more likely it was leaked due to poor practices than some sort of wacky global scheme. We're talking about the same lab that was cited in the past for safety violations.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Not sure why you're trying to inject a conspiracy into this. It's way more likely it was leaked due to poor practices than some sort of wacky global scheme. We're talking about the same lab that was cited in the past for safety violations.
It's somewhat more believable that the virus was discovered in nature and then contained and subsequently leaked from that lab. Weatmod's claim, however, is that the virus was entirely man-made, aka a biological weapon. In which case I'd expect it to be far more targeted and have a much higher mortality rate. There are nearly infinite ways to go about debunking that theory.

subcon959

@!#?@!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It's somewhat more believable that the virus was discovered in nature and then contained and subsequently leaked from that lab. Weatmod's claim, however, is that the virus was entirely man-made, aka a biological weapon. In which case I'd expect it to be far more targeted and have a much higher mortality rate. There are nearly infinite ways to go about debunking that theory.
You replied quoting me though, so there's no point addressing someone else's theory which I've never claimed to support. I firmly believe this was all a result of incompetence rather than planned.

Reactions: AlexMCS

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I always here these claims in the main stream press, and the main stream press, most especially on the left, has not qualms with lying to your face.

Most especially on the right.
Again if you can present me one case where in it can be proven without a doubt that project veritas is up to no good, I will HAPPILY reshare that information on my Youtube and elsewhere. I prefer to know when I am being lied to, but again I have looked into a lot of these claims in the past when I was familiarizing myself with Veritas, and none of them have held up so far. So if you can provide me with something that is not left wing b.s. I will be grateful!
The fact you will just dismiss any proof as "left wing b.s" makes it rather pointless.

You don't prefer to know when you are being lied to, you prefer to be told what you already believe.

"I blame America for global warming, but not China."

Touch the racist part please.
I'm not touching you.

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you provide any peer-reviewed sources that show those against getting vaccinated have any grounds in reality? You say a lot of words but at the end of day, none of them are changing reality in favor of respecting those against getting vaccinated.
Think of it like this perhaps:

Imagine how many pro-lifers don't want women to have abortions. That's taking away a person's right to choose what happens to their own body. But imagine it in the reverse. Women being forced to have abortions. Now you're actively invading a woman's body. It's one thing to prevent someone from doing something to their body; it's a whole other story when you're actually invading someone's only sacred place: their own body.

Ask yourself that question. Probably don't need to inquire with your peers about that. ;)

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Think of it like this perhaps:

Imagine how many pro-lifers don't want women to have abortions. That's taking away a person's right to choose what happens to their own body. But imagine it in the reverse. Women being forced to have abortions. Now you're actively invading a woman's body. It's one thing to prevent someone from doing something to their body; it's a whole other story when you're actually invading someone's only sacred place: their own body.

Ask yourself that question. Probably don't need to inquire with your peers about that. ;)
First, I am not pro-forcing anyone to do anything. That being said, abortion and vaccination are not comparable in their effects on other people. One person getting an abortion does not cause everyone exposed to them to get an abortion. On the other hand, one person not getting vaccinated does effect everyone exposed to them. These are not the same. I don’t agree with the government forcing anyone to do anything but I will die on the hill that anti-vaxxors are dangerous people who harm everyone around them.

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, not exactly.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7033698/

This clearly shows that these insertion sequences are widely present in living organisms including viruses, but not HIV-1 specific.

You probably should question your bias more.
the source is bias also though

you are picking and choosing science as if it exists in a vacuum

9 out of 10 scientists agree with the people who fund them

it has been demonstrated that there is a cover up effort, and a massive attempt at censorship

that was also "predicted" in one of the most lengthy parts of the event 201 "mock scenario"

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First, I am not pro-forcing anyone to do anything. That being said, abortion and vaccination are not comparable in their effects on other people. One person getting an abortion does not cause everyone exposed to them to get an abortion. On the other hand, one person not getting vaccinated does effect everyone exposed to them. These are not the same. I don’t agree with the government forcing anyone to do anything but I will die on the hill that anti-vaxxors are dangerous people who harm everyone around them.
I agree, they're not the same thing. On the flipside, having an abortion does affect everyone else. How, who knows? But that life is now gone.

I'm not saying forced vaccine is good or bad. Personally, I don't want to be forced to have it. But whether it's right or wrong, well, I'll leave that to a Higher Power to determine.

Are vaccinated or "anti-vaxxors" dangerous? Hmm... Guess it depends on your point of view, now, doesn't it?

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I'm not touching you.

Instead of deflecting, please genuinely answer the question. It appears that you said a stupid thing, that "attacking another country" is racist, and I am genuinely wondering what kind of mental process you undertake when presented with such a phrase. I am not the phrase, so please try, or concede that you are mistaken in you zeal.

One person getting an abortion does not cause everyone exposed to them to get an abortion
One person, not getting an abortion, exposes everyone to their folly. You aren't comparing like to like. It appears intentional.

On top of that, you say that "anti-vaxxors are dangerous people who harm everyone around them." This is absurd. Can you explain how an "anti-vaxxor" is harming everyone around them? The closest semblance of sanity I can conceive of such a notion, is that you think that someone who hasn't taken the vaccine has covid and is willfully spreading it to everyone they come into contact with--but that's not even a sane conclusion.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One person, not getting an abortion, exposes everyone to their folly. You aren't comparing like to like. It appears intentional.

On top of that, you say that "anti-vaxxors are dangerous people who harm everyone around them." This is absurd. Can you explain how an "anti-vaxxor" is harming everyone around them? The closest semblance of sanity I can conceive of such a notion, is that you think that someone who hasn't taken the vaccine has covid and is willfully spreading it to everyone they come into contact with--but that's not even a sane conclusion.
A person getting an abortion doesn't cause pregnant women around them to miscarriage. Oppositely, a person not getting vaccinated increases the odds they will become infected and infect others, relative to their vaccinated counterparts.

Reactions: The Catboy

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I agree, they're not the same thing. On the flipside, having an abortion does affect everyone else. How, who knows? But that life is now gone.

I'm not saying forced vaccine is good or bad. Personally, I don't want to be forced to have it. But whether it's right or wrong, well, I'll leave that to a Higher Power to determine.

Are vaccinated or "anti-vaxxors" dangerous? Hmm... Guess it depends on your point of view, now, doesn't it?
The difference is that abortions aren’t a rapid spreading virus and don’t spread to other people. An individual’s abortion does not suddenly cause more abortions or miscarriages. This is also not a matter of right or wrong, anti-vaxxors are provenly dangerous to other people around them. Their choices have already caused outbreaks of fully-preventable disease to start spreading again.

SG854

Hail Mary
Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the

If you want to convince people of something you can't say who knows. That's not a very good answer. You have to give exact reasons on how it affects everyone else. Because the "who knows" answer can be said to just about anything and be an abused response. That's just like telling someone do as I say because I said so. Both aren't very good responses at convincing people.

Higher Powers should never be the determining factor at deciding for you or for the smaller person. You need to take matters into your own hands. You need full autonomy over yourself and control over these decisions yourself.

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
A person getting an abortion doesn't cause pregnant women around them to miscarriage. Oppositely, a person not getting vaccinated increases the odds they will become infected and infect others, relative to their vaccinated counterparts.
You are talking over me again. I didn't say anything about a person getting an abortion. It's a false-equivalence to compare getting an abortion to not taking a vaccine since the vaccine essentially is an attempt to abort the virus.

If you are going to run these comparisons, you should compare like to like, or you appear disingenuous, or even more so than you already appear.

An abortion is like taking the vaccine. You can argue that both aren't affecting others. And you may also argue that by not doing them will affect others.

Because of your parents' choice to not have an abortion (to get vaccinated from you), we have to deal with the added burden of your existence.

Reactions: Coto

SG854

Hail Mary
Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
You are talking over me again. I didn't say anything about a person getting an abortion. It's a false-equivalence to compare getting an abortion to not taking a vaccine since the vaccine essentially is an attempt to abort the virus.

If you are going to run these comparisons, you should compare like to like, or you appear disingenuous, or even more so than you already appear.

An abortion is like taking the vaccine. You can argue that both aren't affecting others. And you may also argue that by not doing them will affect others.

Because of your parents' choice to not have an abortion (to get vaccinated from you), we have to deal with the added burden of your existence.
You are really stretching for comparisons by using the word "abort" to compare abortions to vaccination.

Reactions: smf and The Catboy

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Whether or not a person gets an abortion has no real effect on you or anyone else around you. The same cannot be said with regard to vaccination.

Reactions: smf and The Catboy
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa they ruined the gaming experience for me to be honest
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa Im not crazy about getting all of them, i feel like I have something to show for for the time put in
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa If you want to do rgh or 360 mod
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    does it matter if you update your 360 or not before trying is it advisable or not
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea I don't pay attention to them really. Or do I try to 100% a game. I just play till story ends/ or I get the girl!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Bigonya uses his wiener to mod 360s
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Going to the water park, see ya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You should update the 360 to newest dash before RGHing it yes. But not a big deal if you don't, you can install new dash/avatar updates after. It's just easier to do it auto online before, instead manual offline after.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Have fun @Xdqwerty. If you see a chocolate candy bar floating in the water, don't eat it!
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    :O:ohnoes: Y didn't U Tell ME that ALSO? @BigOnYa :ohnoes: 🤢🤮
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Does it taste like... chicken?
    +1
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa I wanted to ask you about your experience with seeing south park. Most of the people a bit younger like my younger brother and cousins that are a few younger than me that saw kids found south park funny because of the curse words, kids at school, that seemed like liking the show on a very basic level.

I could not quite have a in depth discussion of the show.

How was it for you? As an adult. What did you find the most interesting part about it. Did you relate to the parents of the kids and their situations. Was it satires, the commentary on society. The references on celebrities' and pop culture.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I remember seeing the very first episode back in the day, and have watched every episode since. I used to set my VCR to record them even, shows how long ago.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just like any comedies really, and cartoons have always been a favorite of mine. Family guy, American Dad, Futurama, Cleveland Show, Simpsons - I like them all.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    South Park is great cause they always touch on relavent issues going on today, and make something funny out of it.
    +3
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa were you always up to date on the current events and issues of the time or were there issues that you first found out thru south park
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Most of the time yea I knew, I watch and read the news regularly, but sometimes the Hollywood BS stuff, like concerning actors slip by me. I don't follow most Hollywood BS (example: the Kardasians)
    +2
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa there were relevant issues before south park was made, that's why i think a south park prequel/spinoff would be great. Randy and his friends in their child hood
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea, like them running in high school together, getting into stuff, and how they got hitched and had kids. And how the town of South Park was back then compared to now. That would be cool to see.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    yeah
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @salazarcosplay if they made a prequel, it would still be about current issues, cause it doesn't make sense to make it about stuff that happened 30 years ago that nobody cares about anymore
    it's too late
    the older south park episodes about particular issues usually age poorly since the topic is no longer relevant
    an exception is giant douche vs turd sandwich, that's always relevant :P
    +1
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: an exception is giant douche vs turd sandwich, that's always relevant :P +1