• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Austria first country to make Covid vaccine mandatory

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Not refusing,but not accepting vaccination every 2 -3 Months.....and many other "Side Effects"....
Remember Polio,Tetanus every 9,10 Years ? But ok,this is no Comparison you accept.

And to reassure you, the EMA approvals/permissions of the alternative Vaccines "last" .... probably until AFTER February 1st, 2021 .... but these are not arguments that interest you either ...

Main Thing is:

View attachment 287837
Trolling aside (we do a little), vaccination status is something you can choose and is selfish in this case to not take. Jews (as an ethno-religious group) didn't have a choice. It's partial ethnicity for many.

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Where did I consider people specks not worth listening to? It occasionally happens but I would rather drag people up, or allow others reading a point to contemplate instead.

But if I must be FAST6191, explainer of jokes, ruiner of good humour, spoiler of speedreading (and the generally uninformed) flamebait... Thread has mostly run its course at this point I guess.

Did I make fun of the term? I thought I was contrasting the generally held slogan with the seeming stomping on its head and pissing on its corpse that mandates for something like this take the form of. I do have a long stated opinion on abortion in several threads around here if you really care -- far from the only aspect of the "debate" I generally consider a non one (it really is a handful of Americans, some Polish and some Irish that care) but an important one.

Did I ever say the vaccine, of which there are actually several with their own perks and downsides, is bad? Did I even say people should not get it? If you want to go further my opinions on vaccinations as a general concept do have a fairly long stated version on this site, probably in stark contrast with that you have imagined me as well if this little exchange is anything to go by.

Mandates are a breach of fundamental and unambiguous medical ethics from where I sit and have any number of parallels. Might be a nice one, one of many, at some levels to ponder the breaching of but is utopia ever achieved at the point of a gun? Even if it is then is this really a good call for such drastic action?
You told me to "Though roll on the mischaracterisation." so I assumed you wouldn't be up for discussion. You made that "joke" about the slogan multiple times. It stops being a joke after the first 2 or 3 times.

I'm not happy about the mandates either, let me set the record straight (I wish they didn't exist), but the difference is I see a safe, clear path to those having problems with them to be able to work through them. No mandate has affected me this entire time. I got a vaccination I read into the trials on and deemed safe. Many choose not to due to misinformation they chose to believe. I think anti-vax sentiment is stupid, I think people who take horse paste are stupid, and that... Had more of our populations been vaccinated, these mandates wouldn't be coming into effect to try and protect the vulnerable in a not-yet-reached herd immunity population.

The excuses that COVID kills few is not really true, because the data was skewed by masking and extra sanitation almost immediately. It's impossible to point to numbers when COVID has spread all across the world but people are masking and sanitizing and go "look deaths low". Look at the numbers early on, when we weren't doing anything. They may not be much larger at first but you have to take into account the spread of the virus at the time and the number of potential infections that could take place. Less overall potential infections, less actual infections, less deaths. Needs to be put in context.

In an earlier post you seem to suggest that the side effects of the Vaccine are worse then the disease itself. Please, do some research and look at the 8 billion shots of various COVID vaccines (estimated) given across the world, then compare that to the 2.6 million side effect reports on VigiAccess. Then look into those reports. Oh, 16,000 reported deaths. For a Vaccine that's been given to ~4 billion people.

0.0004%

I could dive deeper into hatred for the mandate but overall, I don't like it either. I just know that it's also not affecting me, because I made the decision to get vaccinated to protect others and myself. The comparisons to Nazi germany and the way the Jews were treated is a bullshit right-wing conspiracy theorist talking point to scare people.

I'm out.

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If you read the Thread please - Februar 1st 2022 Unvaccinated have also no Choice in Austria.
The unvaxxed have a choice to get the vaccine or be denied services. I sincerely do not expect this will lead to killing the unvaxxed, as I've heard spread about mandates all over the internet.

Jews don't have a choice to be Jews. They were gassed for being people of a certain ethno-religious group.

Unvaxxed folks are gonna lose access to some services, I guess. Poor unvaccinated folk.

Reactions: nantalos

Piqua

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"Rona" had the same thing, but it jumped through a lot of bureaucracy that would otherwise have slowed the ability to do testing and research. It was developed faster due to being a coronavirus, of which we already had lots of knowledge about as a general group (due to SARS in the mid 2000s). It was developed faster because it is somewhat related to SARS (hence the name SARS-CoV-2) and we had already developed a vaccine for it. It was developed faster because it was realized how incredibly spreadable the virus is compared to SARS and other coronaviruses before it, and the need was recognised to put "all hands on deck" so to speak. It was developed faster because when people were working on the Polio vaccine in the 40s and 50s into the early 60s, technology and scientific advancement was not nearly as far ahead as it is today. The moderna COVID vaccine was initially tested on 120 people as part of phase 1 clinical trials, similar to that of the trials done on various vaccines in the early 1960s for Polio. As the efficacy of the trials were shown to be good, the test subject amount increased, just as any vaccine trial would. They have now conducted three stages of trials on Moderna, with the largest trial having 15,210 participants who recieved the shot. This third stage of trials was in July of 2020. The results continued to show as the first and second stages did that it decreased the severity of symptoms, and reduced the likelihood of catching it altogether to a large degree. I do suggest you read the journal about it, it's quite interesting. I'd link the journal posted by the New England Journal of Medicine about Moderna, but I cannot due to posting restrictions on such a new account. Look it up for me, Moderna has links to the journals and other info on all the trials they completed on their website.

Anyway, y'all who aren't vaccinated because you're scared of the vaccine are just too lazy to believe in the facts provided to you in public scientific journals and other directly reputable sources. Don't believe big media? Fine, then read up on and believe in peer-reviewed, scientific study, provided in public scientific journals. For all the vaccines. I'm only singling out Moderna as I have experience with it, having got both my shots in March and April of 2021, as soon as they were available to me.

Haven't died yet, or become magnetic, or started producing 5G signals, nor has the levels of anything in my blood changed since the shot (I get regular bloodwork as part of other, unrelated medical care). Get vaccinated. Seriously. The benefits to the safety you provide yourself, others, and now even your quality of life, will generally just get better.
I'm not getting vaccinated. Period. Why don't you look up the Tuskeegee Experiment. Or Reagen's handling of AIDS. I'm old enough to remember that time and nutjobs like the provaxed are now weren't even going that hard on the gays back then. So you hope for the best and in five years we will see how those S Proteins are doing in your organs and what health issues you've developed from God knows what. Maybe you'll be lucky and live to see what's in it if Pfizer and Moderna ever give transparency.

Oh right...https://www.reuters.com/legal/government/wait-what-fda-wants-55-years-process-foia-request-over-vaccine-data-2021-11-18/

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm not getting vaccinated. Period. Why don't you look up the Tuskeegee Experiment. Or Reagen's handling of AIDS. I'm old enough to remember that time and nutjobs like the provaxed are now weren't even going that hard on the gays back then. So you hope for the best and in five years we will see how those S Proteins are doing in your organs and what health issues you've developed from God knows what. Maybe you'll be lucky and live to see what's in it if Pfizer and Moderna ever give transparency.

Oh right...https://www.reuters.com/legal/government/wait-what-fda-wants-55-years-process-foia-request-over-vaccine-data-2021-11-18/
Cool story bro.

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
quoted post cut to make the post smaller
On top of that, you're just straight up comparing saving people from covid with vaccines to people with extra weight, asking why we don't outlaw them. Interestingly, having extra weight on your body doesn't kill others! What a fun fact. Being overweight isn't contagious! What a fun fact number 2!

If you want to argue you're not anti-abortion and whatnot and just hate the mandates, I can at least recognize guaranteed fat-phobia and classism. Enough for me to not give a shit about what you have to say.

1638426966965.png

Julie_Pilgrim

Secretly three raccoons in a trench coat
Trophies
Website
zoey-on-github.github.io
XP
Country
United States
As for you, all I can say is I'm disappointed this is the kind of person GBATemp allows onto the Editorial staff. Anti-Vax, seemingly Anti-Abortion. Żegnam, you dolt.
View attachment 287833
just wanna say that this is one of the best videos ive ever seen
ight, back to lurking in this thread

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You told me to "Though roll on the mischaracterisation." so I assumed you wouldn't be up for discussion. You made that "joke" about the slogan multiple times. It stops being a joke after the first 2 or 3 times.

I'm not happy about the mandates either, let me set the record straight (I wish they didn't exist), but the difference is I see a safe, clear path to those having problems with them to be able to work through them. No mandate has affected me this entire time. I got a vaccination I read into the trials on and deemed safe. Many choose not to due to misinformation they chose to believe. I think anti-vax sentiment is stupid, I think people who take horse paste are stupid, and that... Had more of our populations been vaccinated, these mandates wouldn't be coming into effect to try and protect the vulnerable in a not-yet-reached herd immunity population.

The excuses that COVID kills few is not really true, because the data was skewed by masking and extra sanitation almost immediately. It's impossible to point to numbers when COVID has spread all across the world but people are masking and sanitizing and go "look deaths low". Look at the numbers early on, when we weren't doing anything. They may not be much larger at first but you have to take into account the spread of the virus at the time and the number of potential infections that could take place. Less overall potential infections, less actual infections, less deaths. Needs to be put in context.

In an earlier post you seem to suggest that the side effects of the Vaccine are worse then the disease itself. Please, do some research and look at the 8 billion shots of various COVID vaccines (estimated) given across the world, then compare that to the 2.6 million side effect reports on VigiAccess. Then look into those reports. Oh, 16,000 reported deaths. For a Vaccine that's been given to ~4 billion people.

0.0004%

I could dive deeper into hatred for the mandate but overall, I don't like it either. I just know that it's also not affecting me, because I made the decision to get vaccinated to protect others and myself. The comparisons to Nazi germany and the way the Jews were treated is a bullshit right-wing conspiracy theorist talking point to scare people.

I'm out.
You can try to be humour police. Rarely a good look though.

I am not seeing how mandates or quicker action (assuming it was physically possible -- even if it was a single shot of saline the physical realities of production rates, needles, room to do it... makes it a stretch for first world countries, never mind third world shitholes, which seem to be the main producers of all these fun variants at this point and probably a few more besides that maybe did not make it far yet -- if antibiotics is a big deal to many places there then genetic sequencing and virus isolation is probably not high on the agenda). Given the general nature of such things even the precious immunocompromised population probably ought to cower in fear in their home even in the magical 100% doubled up and I guess boosted now save those immunocompromised/allergic to egg/contradindicated... set.

Care to point me at where I said side effects were worse than the disease? I recall saying in various people's risk reward (which kind of has to be a personal affair when it all comes down to it, outside of truly radical scenarios anyway which this is not even close from where I sit -- wants to be way more contagious and way more deadly for that one) it might rise to that, and offered the popular "tragedy is when I cut my finger, comedy is when you fall down a well and die" notion as an aspect of that. If you somehow savour that statement then I would call it a poor estimate of risk.

Masks as a positive effect to that degree? Maybe if people could wear them then there would have been a real perk. As it stands the greater benefit went to the mask makers and those that enjoyed their little adult safety blanket. Time lags between mask mandates, supplies of hand sanitiser (most of which is probably ill effective by pure chemistry, anti viral being a rather higher concentrate than most used, and poor use -- not so many doing a surgeon scrub really).
Equally positive test rates vs death rates. Paints a bit of a picture there as far as lethality.

"I just know that it's also not affecting me"
Give or take services you rely on being troubled by it then that seems so very close to "if you have nothing to hide you have you have nothing to fear", possibly whilst still having curtains on your house.

On top of that, you're just straight up comparing saving people from covid with vaccines to people with extra weight, asking why we don't outlaw them. Interestingly, having extra weight on your body doesn't kill others! What a fun fact. Being overweight isn't contagious! What a fun fact number 2!

If you want to argue you're not anti-abortion and whatnot and just hate the mandates, I can at least recognize guaranteed fat-phobia and classism. Enough for me to not give a shit about what you have to say.

View attachment 287843

Some were all "but if they get it then no treatment for you" and that was mainly for that. They cost a lot of medical services up and down the line (your picture of my post being some of those, had some better ones elsewhere, especially the part where it was noted as making the holy vaccines way less useful which also speaks more to this), and also take up valuable hospital beds that could be used for real accidents what with all their excessive cancers, knee surgeries/back surgeries, blood clots, heart attacks, cardiac care of various forms and the rest (triage not really caring about whether your stupidity caused it as much as limited resources, beds and medic time being prominent among those, and allocation thereof.

Weight is actually contagious -- socially contagious is contagious (and there is a reason suicide is not glorified/widely reported and when people mistake shopping mall for shooting gallery that many trick cyclist types will say maybe don't plaster it on the news as cool), and depending upon what goes for the microbiome (see fecal transplants from fat donors) then in the more classical biological sense as well (though transmission rates for that one are rather lower).

Fat phobia? You say it like it is a bad thing. Fat people should get thin and should be aided in doing so by medics. It is without question to me the greatest medical issue facing the world today, so much stems from it and will be caused by it.

As far as classism? Not sure how you got to that one (afford counts as many more things than that -- if you have not got the time to raise your spawn then you can be billionaire CEO for all I care I will call you stupid -- had more than a few trust fund morons make my life hard, and possibly mroe than I have kids from breeders on the estates, indeed said breeder spawn generally form the basis of most of my workforce as they are ones to have actually done something/learned how to use tools before they come to me). Though if we are having a state the needless thing then I would note poverty (of which having kids you can't afford, they are the price of about half a house over similar timeframes in most cases to raise, is a great aspect of that) as being a far bigger issue than any other ist or ism you care to name. Got that in many posts around here as well if it matters.

Reactions: AlexMCS
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I skimmed over this and read the words "weight is actually contagious" and a weird comparison between being somewhat overweight to suicide and public shootings in the news and I know I don't have to read anything else.

Very high standards for filling editorial roles GBATemp has. Enjoy your restrictions.

As spunch bob would say, "Aight mr krabs im bout to head out"

• Sad

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
The unvaxxed have a choice to get the vaccine or be denied services. I sincerely do not expect this will lead to killing the unvaxxed, as I've heard spread about mandates all over the internet.
If you do not want to get vaccinated after February 1st 2022 you get a Fine (up to over 7000 Euros).
(I am sure,most of the People around the World have such amount of Money....)
If you can´t take the Fine you have to go to Prison.Point.
It will not kill you physically but it mabye "breaks/kills" you psychically,but as I said,Vaccinated People have no other Point of View...

Poor unvaccinated folk.
....that is the Way of 1941....very nice.
I wonder if you are so cool,if it comes to a Topic,where you are the "poor" Folk...

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
If you want to tell me specifically where I was mistaken, instead of lobbing personal attacks, be sure to tag me. I'm not holding my breath.

If a person is so focused on imaginary dangers that they don't protect themselves from real dangers, my point stands.

I said, specifically:
Agreeing with the statement and accurately assessing real threats are two different things. This is just another example of you being pretentious.

It is possible for someone to agree with the statement and still be at fault of wasting time and endangering others for incorrectly assessing a threat.

The how of your action, is in insinuating willful malice on behalf of people who don't agree with you.

Feel free to take it personally, but you are attempting to impress by affecting greater importance or merit than is actually possessed. In case you weren't aware, that's pretentious.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I skimmed over this and read the words "weight is actually contagious" and a weird comparison between being somewhat overweight to suicide and public shootings in the news and I know I don't have to read anything else.

Very high standards for filling editorial roles GBATemp has. Enjoy your restrictions.

View attachment 287846

As spunch bob would say, "Aight mr krabs im bout to head out"
If we are doing the papers to look at
On obesity being socially contagious
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/27892501/
https://digitalcommons.calpoly.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1034&context=statsp
https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2007/07/070725175419.htm

Suicide is often considered socially contagious if we need other examples of the concept, though some have questions on models there, as is mass shooting and often reprisal shootings in general gang scenarios as well.

Seems however you don't want to debate, much less in good faith, so I guess I will continue on.

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If we are doing the papers to look at
On obesity being socially contagious
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/27892501/
https://digitalcommons.calpoly.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1034&context=statsp
https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2007/07/070725175419.htm

Suicide is often considered socially contagious if we need other examples of the concept, though some have questions on models there, as is mass shooting and often reprisal shootings in general gang scenarios as well.

Seems however you don't want to debate, much less in good faith, so I guess I will continue on.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Tabz is so personal with his attacks lately. Shame there aren't any mods participating in this thread to regulate such behavior... for folks on the right, anyways.
I’ve given up on even trying to moderate this section “live”, there’s too much crap in it, and most mods won’t even touch POLtemp with a 10-foot pole that has a condom on the poking end. All of you are hopeless. If we read through half of this drivel, we would lose any tenuous grasp on sanity we have left. If you find something offensive, you know where the Report button is. If I personally see something, I react, but I don’t have eyeballs on the back of my head. If you don’t draw attention to a specific post, you don’t get to complain and cry crocodile tears that it wasn’t deleted. If nobody’s reporting infringing content then I guess you’re just not that offended by it. Ain’t nobody got the time to read all the nonsense that gets posted here, we’re not masochists.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
So who makes the vaccines that Australians are being FORCED to accept? We these vaccines tested using aborted fetal cells also?
If we’re talking about cell line HEK 293, it originates from an abortion that took place in 1973, in the Netherlands (or possibly a miscarriage, which would make ethical concerns completely irrelevant), and was used in manufacturing the Pfizer, Oxford-AstraZeneca and the Moderna vaccines… along with countless other vaccines in the past. You’re… *checks calendar* nearly 50 years late to “save” that one. J&J used a similar cell culture, PER6 C6, which also originated from an elective abortion… that took place in 1985. A little late for that one also. The idea that scientists put fetuses into a grinder, give it a good crank and vaccines come out on the other end is silly - that’s not how a cell culture works. It’s also worth noting that the cells are used in the confirmation phase, the actual vaccines contain no fetal cells whatsoever.

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
This isn't a vaccine.
Thanks for letting me know you have no idea what you're talking about.

It IS a vaccine.

We these vaccines tested using aborted fetal cells also?

Good luck avoiding anything tested using HEK 293, it's used for development of food, drink, perfume etc.

But you might find this information useful to choose a vaccine if you are someone who works tirelessly to avoid HEK 293.

Neither the COVID vaccine produced by Pfizer nor the one produced by Moderna contains human fetal tissue, nor was fetal tissue used in the development of those vaccines. Cell lines derived from elective abortions performed decades ago have been used in the manufacture of vaccines, including current vaccines against rubella, chickenpox, hepatitis A, and shingles. At least five of the 130 candidate COVID-19 vaccines in development use one of two human fetal cell lines: HEK-293, a kidney cell line widely used in research that comes from a fetus aborted in 1972; and PER.C6, a cell line owned by Johnson & Johnson, developed from cells from an 18-week-old fetus aborted in 1985. Pfizer and Moderna did not use fetal cell lines.

Last edited by smf,
Reactions: XDel

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Thanks for letting me know you have no idea what you're talking about.

It IS a vaccine.
The funny thing here is that a lengthy testing period and potential fatal side effects are kind of the reason why we use cell cultures for testing and confirmation. We no longer need hundreds of willing participants to test a vaccine and potentially suffer unexpected side effects, or die, as it was the case in the 50’s - confirmation and testing can be performed on cells of a human that is literally already dead, and has been for half a century. Weighing the pros and cons, testing in cell cultures doesn’t sound half-bad in comparison, given the sheer amount of new vaccines being tested every year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you try wearing them?
    B @ btjunior: @Xdqwerty 16