Australian Wii Console

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by hsct, Sep 9, 2007.

Sep 9, 2007

Australian Wii Console by hsct at 5:25 PM (819 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. hsct
    OP

Newcomer hsct Newbie

Australia
    Hello,

Anyone from Australia knows, what's the current drive chip on the market?

Can I still find any D2B WITHOUT cut-legs?

Have D2C consoles been shipped to Australia yet?

Thanks!

2. ZeWarrior

Member ZeWarrior TheWarrior

Brazil
    I doubt you'll be able to mod ANY console from ANYWHERE to easily now. Seriously, I think you're out of luck unless someone you buy it from someone who has a d2a or a d2b without cut legs.

3. domislong

Newcomer domislong Member

Australia
    If you want to get a chipped Wii, I suggest buying one pre-modded.

4. Goldcoastr

Newcomer Goldcoastr Advanced Member

Australia
    it is still possble to mod the newer versions of wii

if want do a home install it is suggested to just buy a second hand old version from sum where ebay would be your best option

below is a basic info of the models out on australian markets & there serial numbers

Under LAH1016 These is a normal wii with DMS/D2B chipset. Most people with a steady hand and some soldering skills (and the right equipment) should be able to do this installation.
    Between LAH1016 and LAH10216 This is a wii with 3 pins cut out of the consoles IC. The IC is what the wiikey 'talks to', with the 3 pins cut, the wiikey can't talk to it, hence, it can't work! It still is moddable, but extremely hard for most people. 50% of so called 'professional' modders cannot do it, all of our installer have done them, and will do them for an additional fee. Please see the wiikey install page for this.

Over LAH10216 D2C chipset. The 3 pins are still there but the IC is a different model. The model blocks modchips from running. Nothing to do with wiikey, EVERY current modchip is blocked from working. Hackers are working on a fix, but don't hold your breath.

but indeed the best way is to actualy open the console this would e the best way

also beware if plan buy a premodded unlocked wii on ebay most do indeed have 3rd arty wiikey chips you are better off buying a old console & getting mod done yourself from a local installer or do the install yourself

5. avexdevil

Newcomer avexdevil Member

Australia
    i live in perth wa, i paid $100 for a perth modder to come down to my place and my wii is a lah1016. look up the quokka for an aaron baird [​IMG].

6. obv

Newcomer obv Newbie

Australia
    D2C drives have reached Australia. I've now seen 2 myself.
    However most retailers where I purchase my Wii's from do still stock D2B models with the 3 IC legs cut.

Like others, i suggest buying a pre-mod just to be on the safe side.. last thing you would want is to fork out $400AUD and have it be a D2C [​IMG]