Not open for further replies.

vertabray

Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
armand66 said:
EDIT: Yeah, those messages are funny as Muss, but there needs to be less positive ones, we need some "BULLSHIT", "RIPPED OFF" and "FUCKING LUIGIS CIRCUIT" messages in there hehe.

HAHA!! Think we need to add a few more. "FUCKING BULLET BILL!" or BLUE SHELL or CLOUDS!

A

armand66

OP
@Pitoui, what set up are you using, internet connection, modem/router, firewall etc etc.

Just asking, as i've seen Mario Kart can be pretty funny with DC's if certain ports aren't open for the Wii to access and vice versa.

I think from now on Bray, the button:

"Grrr, Not fair"

shall be henceforth translated to mean:

"GOD FUCKING DAMNIT".

EDIT: I have updated Page 1, please can everyone go ahead and read it. Namaste/Desh Thiere has dropped out of the league, as has BFG, so GenX and muss are now in the league, and i'm awaiting confirmation from a player, that DAN will take the place of. This gives us no reason to run a B-LEAGUE this season, but i will keep it open to sign ups for season 2, as more aussies get the game. A few players have switched teams, and i will update the league fixture and ladder as soon as i get the topic unlocked. (today at some point) Just know, that what fixture is there, will change a fair bit today.

I've now made 4 Captains, just so i can hopefully get some help from each captain, to help get their teammates organizing games next week. The captains are by name only, and it's just so i can get some help in running the league, i don't wanna be chasing up a heap of players each week ya know. Of course, if each team wants to organize their own practice matches, then that's great too.

A

armand66

OP
Yeh, i've actually got a pre-order of MK Wii still, so i'll get the wheel with that, and i'll give it a few go's, but i don't expect me to be switching to it long term. I like to be able to relax with a controller in games like this, so the cube controller will stay as my way to play.

danielduvall

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'm sure once the game hits retail you wont have any problem filling a B-league, but of course i'd be happy to join the A-league if a spot comes up.

I'm picking up 2 wheels from EB this afternoon, they just got stock of the official nintendo brand wheel today. These will be for when my wife / friends want to play, think i'll be sticking with the wiimote+nunchuck, though i'm interested to check out the quality of the wheel and give it a go at least. Might put me back on more of a level playing field with less experienced players
smile.gif

Elo

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Ok,at the end of the week i'll try and send out pm's to
Piepants
GenX
muss

and tell them whats gonna happen next week,who they racing etc etc etc
wink.gif

A

armand66

OP
Lol yeh, 2 days isn't gonna hurt, well you'd hope not at least lol.

On the subject of a pre-league tournament, this weekend i'm gonna get some 4 player tourneys set up, with aussies in and out of the league, basically, any aussies who wanna play, they're in.

This is how it will work.

GROUP 1
1. Armada
2. muss
3. Rhyguy

GROUP 2
1. Chaazziiee
2. iPANIC
3. Vertabray

GROUP 3

1. Dan
2. Big Chop
3. Elo
4. Beatnik

If we get 8 people easily, i'll open up a spot more per group, and if we get 10 easily, same thing. So it'll either be 2 groups of 4, 2 groups of 5, 2 groups of 6, 3 groups of 5, or 4 groups of 4 if we get 16 willing.

If it's groups of 4, the top 2 racers will win through the comp. If its groups of 5/6, the top 3 from each group will go through. Preferably, i'd like to see 4 groups of 4, or 3 groups of 5, but who knows how many people we'll get, if we only get 8, it'll still be fun.

RULES:

1 Series of GP. I will need one person from each GP to be the official "scorekeeper".

The top 2 players (if 4 player, 3 players if 5/6) at the end of a GP will move on to the Winners Stage. The bottom 2 players will move onto the loser stage.

GPs must be random tracks, and all players must say "ready" before the room owner starts the game.

Note: The game sometimes might show you in first, but you were in second, or third without realizing it. It doesn't happen too often in Aussie matches, and is usually a sign someone in the game has torrents, downloads or their network is being used up by other things. Whatever the official scoreboard says, we go by.

I'll set times, once we see how many we can get (will be on saturday or sunday) and will nominate score keepers as we get numbers too. After each GP, we'll take a 30 min break, so that the scorekeepers can come on here and update us the stats, and i can have time to sort out the next winner group, and the next loser group. I will announce each stages time on here etc etc.

Here's an example of how it would work with 2 groups of 5.

GROUP 1
1st. Dan
2nd. Vertabray
3rd. Armada

4th. Boxhunter
5th. tredes

Vertabray, Armada and Dan would all move into Winners Tier.
Boxhunter, tredes would move into the Losers Tier.

GROUP 2
1st. Beatnik
2nd. Elo
3rd. Chaazziiee

4th. iPANIC
5th. OzModChips

Beatnik, Elo and Chaazziiee would all move into the Winners Tier.
iPANIC, OzModChips would move into the Losers Tier.

Then, it'd be:

WINNERS TIER
Dan
Armada
Vertabray
Beatnik
Elo
Chaazziiee

LOSERS TIER
iPANIC
OzModChips
Boxhunter
tredes

And that would be that, we'd then have a Winners Tier game, and a Losers Tier game. The Winner of the Winners Tier will of course come first overall, while the loser would come 6th overall, while the Winner of the Losers Tier will come 7th overall, and the loser 10th overall.

Course, if we have 4 groups of 16, different scenario of course, but thats the gist of it. I hope we see the regulars, Bray, Dan, Beatnik, Elo, Big Chop, Boxhunter, Muss, as well as myself and Chaazziiee, and would be great if we could get some of the unseen or less seen players to give the tournament a shot.

Let me know guys/girls if your in.

EDIT: If this goes well, might make this a regular thing to go along with the 1v1 league. If thats the case and people enjoy it, i'll work out a points system to go along with it.

A

armand66

OP
Lol, it's just an example Lisa, i could switch all the names around it doesn't really matter lol.

I'll put you into group 2.

danielduvall

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
vertabray said:
vertabray said:
danielduvall said:
I'm picking up 2 wheels from EB this afternoon, they just got stock of the official nintendo brand wheel today.

Today!! Score. I will get one but I will stick with the Wavebird. WB FTW!!!

Went to EB and JB Hifi and no wheels
hate2.gif
Whats 2 days anyway
rolleyes.gif

I got mine today from EB games, pretty cool accessory, the button on the back makes boosting easier. Much nicer than any 3rd party ones i've seen.

Also, i'm interested in the tournament this weekend, just have to figure out when, at this stage saturday during the day or sunday night are good for me.

Muss

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Im definately interested in a little tourny this weekend. I could use the practice before the league.

I work on weekends so for me it would have to be at night like we did yesterday. Once you set a time ill let you know for sure if i can make it. But definately registering my interest.

pitoui

Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah, that sounds great.

BTW i think my net keeps dropping out due to the fact that ADSL2+ may be pretty unstable on my line.
Ohh well I guess you can't win em all...

A

armand66

OP
Ok, so i'll put down Big Chop (pitoui), Dan, and muss so far.

@Pitoui, yeh, ADSL2+ is not near as stable as ADSL1, despite the miles faster speed. A lot of noise disruption on the lines and other issues can get in the way of it. Took me a bit of stuffing around in my modem/routers settings to get it to go smoothly online for both 360 and wii, but since i did, been fairly good since.

Ok, now, is Sunday Night ok for everyone? Or do we split it up over the weekend?

Maybe have 1-2 groups racing on saturday to get into the winners tier, then another group or 2 sunday night to get into it, and then the Winners and Losers tier match sunday night after it.

A

armand66

OP
Nah Rhyguy, give us your mario kart wii friend code (or soon as you can if your getting it this week) and we'll put you down for both the tournament this weekend, and for the A-League. (Both DAN and yourself will be replacing a player, as i know of a few who might not be participating)

Add everyone from the first page to your friend list and i'll get everyone to add you too dude.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    10 tabs open on chrome and no slow downs suck it low ram plebs lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    they be like which lite firefox exe pls
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Wut.
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    GM all
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    butt
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    douche
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Touché.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Push it :creep:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Talk about propaganda.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Illinois is working to ban toxic food additives that have been banned for decades in other countries; additives that can be replaced and all those countries still have Skittles and Mountain Dew. Title of the piece: GUBMINT WANTS TO TAKE AWAY YOUR CANDY
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Gee, I wonder if the author is biased?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, Sounds and smells like bullshit. They don't give you cancer, and California should know that. I don't get why they stick labels that say "may or may not cause reproductive harm or cancer".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Arsenic doesn't give you cancer either.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    California has already banned those additives BTW.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Psi has been banned in the state of California.
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I am the cancer!!! lol
    Yayyy got arcade games on the Pi working lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Cool.
    Now to spend 6 months deleting all the garbage lol
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Now to spend 6 months deleting all the garbage lol